Mac EDC SST-50 photo shoot.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Aluminum hole-less Mac's EDC SST-50 is on my doorstep!!! :party:

But I have to wait two hours until I can go get it!
:mecry::sigh:

jkid1911

Enlightened
AWESOME thread, love the great pics. That LED is HUGE. Anyone know how to tell the difference between an SST-50 and an XML LED in a Mac's EDC? I have one that looks like this but not sure. Takes only 16340. Thanks.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only way to tell is by looking at the led itself. For the SST50 you'll only see the dome of the led. in an xml, since it's smaller, you should be able to see the dome and the base board that the phosphor is applied to (so basically, the entire led).

jkid1911

Enlightened
Only way to tell is by looking at the led itself. For the SST50 you'll only see the dome of the led. in an xml, since it's smaller, you should be able to see the dome and the base board that the phosphor is applied to (so basically, the entire led).
Thanks. From looking at the photos in post 1 mine looks to be the same but not having an XML led to compare to makes it hard. I found the photo below of an XML2. If the size of XML's is the same, mine is bigger so I'll guess mine is an SST-50?

XML2

Mine looks like this one
CIMG4264a.png

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. From looking at the photos in post 1 mine looks to be the same but not having an XML led to compare to makes it hard. I found the photo below of an XML2. If the size of XML's is the same, mine is bigger so I'll guess mine is an SST-50?

XML2

Mine looks like this one
CIMG4264a.png

Yup. Then yours is an SST-50 edc. xml and xml2 leds are the same in size. just a different color in the base board.