MagLite 2C colors?

pizzaman

Enlightened
Greetings,

My first real flashlight as a kid was a beautiful silver EverReady Captian in 2C. Since then I've had an attraction to the 2C format.

This has lead to an inadvertant collection of 2C maglites. Currently I have black, pewter, blue and purple. I believe the blue light was intended to be purple, but it is clearly blue compared to the purple color.

Next week I hope to take posession of a pair of 2Cs in HAIII courtesy of Mirage Man.

What other colors are available in 2C?

Any other 2C fans out there?

Thank you, TR

lumenal

Enlightened
Hey Pizzaman, my first real flashlight was a Mag-lite; albeit was a 3-D, I've since incorporated a 4-D, another 3-D, and a 2-C ( also several Mini-Mags), in my collection.

I love the 2-C! I bought the Mag-LED upgrade module for all of them, including the 2-C. The feel and balance of my 2-C is great. With the Mag- LED upgrade, it is also very bright, with good throw. Its nice to set on the night stand, not too big, but definitely bright enough to grab quickly in the middle of the night if need be...

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend installing the Mag-LED upgrade module in yours. You'll get a nice white, longlasting LED with very good run-time. They cost about $15.98 at Home Depot.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Pizzaman, I have one 2C and like the form a lot. It's the blue-purple one that looks purple when compared with MAG-BLUE and under some lights, but looks blue under the sun and other lights.... Is that the one you were describing, and there's an actual better purple colored one? (I like purple) HA-III natural is probably my other favorite color besides purple. :)

[In my 2C I put a WW0S and nFlex. It's probably my favorite light.]

Last edited:

pizzaman

Enlightened
Quote: "Pizzaman, I have one 2C and like the form a lot. It's the blue-purple one that looks purple when compared with MAG-BLUE and under some lights, but looks blue under the sun and other lights.... Is that the one you were describing, and there's an actual better purple colored one? (I like purple)"

Galiphrey,
Yup, it looks purple compared to blue, but on its own it looks blue. The purple one is definitely purple. Home Depot is the last place I have been able to find 2C mags in colors other than black. They usually have some pewter if you dig to the back. I purchased the purple last fall. This spring when I checked they had the blueish-purple color (It is meant to be purple).

If you love HAIII (and who doesn't) keep an eye out for Mirage Man's next run of 2C maglites.

Quote: "Its nice to set on the night stand, not too big, but definitely bright enough to grab quickly in the middle of the night if need be..."

lumenal, I concur. My nightstand is home to three 2C maglights. I have pewter and purple lights with the 3 X CR123 upgrade, sporting frosted 6 cell magnum star bulbs. These are my "bump in the night" lights. For this critical mission I wanted a back up.

Quote: "I'd highly recommend installing the Mag-LED upgrade module in yours."

Good call. My third nightstand light is a black with the MagLED upgrade. I was blown away by the performance of this bulb in a 2 cell light. My Home Depot doesn't carry these yet, but I plan to upgrade all of my maglites to MagLEDs ASAP. It seems to be a superb product at a budget price. To all that will listen, run, don't walk to get one of these for your 2-3 cell maglites.

I did some web surfing tonight. The MagLite website only lists the 2C in black, despite selling it in at least 2 other colors. I went to the MagLED link at the site and there was no info available at this time. I did a bit more surfing and found a retail site offering the 2C MagLED in red. I'll look into this further as it would be a nice addition to the collection.

Thanks for the replies, TR

Niteowl

Enlightened
pizzaman said:
I did some web surfing tonight. The MagLite website only lists the 2C in black, despite selling it in at least 2 other colors. I went to the MagLED link at the site and there was no info available at this time. I did a bit more surfing and found a retail site offering the 2C MagLED in red. I'll look into this further as it would be a nice addition to the collection.

From a "source" at Mag I was told something to the effect that purple was discontinued early this year, pewter was discontinued last year, but they still had purple ones to ship out. Perhaps these are the funky blue now out as I was also told they did not do them in blue.

pizzaman, if you find red 2C's, please, please, please let me know where to find such a creature. I know 3C's in red were out at one time as my "source" at Mag teased me with the fact that she had one and was unwilling to part with it. :rant:

Mark

pizzaman

Enlightened
Niteowl,

Your wish is my command. Here is the link:
http://shopping.redorbit.com/search.php?mode=site_search&xid=11f6c5b3bf6da4c38a6f90c6d55e84fa

The original link I posted did not show correctly. I searched again and found a new link (posted above). Interesting that they list Maglites in 2C, black, gray, silver, and red. Sounds like a few more lights for my future collection.

Here is the description of the red version:
MagLite 2C Cell LED Flashlight, Red #8067319

MagLite 3 Watt LED Flashlight, 2C Cell, Red. The distinctive shapes, styles and overall appearances of all Mag flashlights, and the circumferential inscriptions extending around the heads of all Mag flashlights are trademarks of Mag Instrument, Inc. The circumferential inscription on the head of every flashlight signifies that it is an original Mag flashlight and part of the Mag family of flashlights.

I would already have one of these on order, but my flashlight budget recently got slashed to help pay for a new car I hope to pick up on Monday.

If you order, please post back regarding your success or failure.

Cheers, TR

Last edited:

rdh226

Enlightened
pizzaman said:
Niteowl,

Your wish is my command. Here is the link:
http://shopping.redorbit.com/search.php?mode=site_search&xid=11f6c5b3bf6da4c38a6f90c6d55e84fa

The original link I posted did not show correctly. I searched again and found a new link (posted above). Interesting that they list Maglites in 2C, black, gray, silver, and red. Sounds like a few more lights for my future collection.

Here is the description of the red version:
MagLite 2C Cell LED Flashlight, Red #8067319

MagLite 3 Watt LED Flashlight, 2C Cell, Red. The distinctive shapes, styles and overall appearances of all Mag flashlights, and the circumferential inscriptions extending around the heads of all Mag flashlights are trademarks of Mag Instrument, Inc. The circumferential inscription on the head of every flashlight signifies that it is an original Mag flashlight and part of the Mag family of flashlights.
I looked, the description says 2D, not 2C, which unfortunately matches
the SKU(s) of ST2Dnnn.

If anyone orders one and it is indeed a C MagLite, please post (or even PM me!).

Niteowl

Enlightened
The link doesn't show a light at all now, here's what you get at the top;

"SKU: ing_899685

Our price: $1,828.57"

No real description.

I saved the page and it clearly stated 2C in red. I called yesterday and was assured it was a red 2C Mag LED, but that they were out of stock. I stated my doubts and he "checked", he again said it was correct.

A call to Maglite gave this response, "We don't sell a red 2C and the LED version is in "D" only. She did allude to the fact that a couple places still order pewter and purple 2C's. If I wanted a red 2C I would have to order 10,000. Any body up for a "Group Buy"? :laughing:

I'll have a red 2C by October as I have an alternative plan.

Last edited:

pizzaman

Enlightened
Niteowl,

I went back to my original link. It shows a price of $35.57. I added it to my cart and here is the result:

Subtotal:
null.gif

$35.57Shipping:
null.gif

$8.50
spacer_black.gif

Total:
null.gif

$44.07

Here is the unfortunate description in the shopping cart:

"MagLite 2C Cell LED Flashlight, Red"
"FLASHLIGHT, 2D LED FLASHLIGHT RED"

First it calls it a 2C, then a 2D. Me thinks this is a typo and we are really dealing with a 2d model. Bummer.

Keep us posted on your custom red (as long as it doesn't involve a black maglite and a can of red Krylon).:)

TR

Link below:
http://shopping.redorbit.com/product.php?productid=8067319&MMCF_froogle_feed&utm_id=1&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Froogle+Feed
SKUwyn_ST2D036 Quantity36 item(s) availableWeight0.90 lbsPrice:$35.57

Niteowl

Enlightened
pizzaman said:
Niteowl,...........

......Keep us posted on your custom red (as long as it doesn't involve a black maglite and a can of red Krylon).:)

TR

:laughing: That I could've got done this weekend. Hmmm....

Niteowl

Enlightened
Niteowl said:
I'll have a red 2C by October as I have an alternative plan.

Here it is.......

000_1135.jpg

It's a little darker than Mags' red but I like it! No Krylon either. It did used to be black though. :grin2:

pizzaman

Enlightened
Niteowl,

Sweet!

OK, spill the beans. Where did you get this work done???

Thanks, TR

Niteowl

Enlightened
A few months ago while driving to work, I passed a truck with the name of a hardcoat company on it. Looked them up and found out they were located nearby. After a few question and answer sessions, they offered to do a light for me as a sample, no charge. "Well, how about one in natural HA and one in red?" I asked. Long story short, I dropped off two black 2Cs and five days later picked up one in red and one in HA. To be clear, the red is not HA. I think I want an orange one now.......

pizzaman

Enlightened
OK, what on earth is "hardcoat"?

I have to say the finished product looks great.:rock:

If the finish is durable, maybe a group buy is needed. :naughty:

TR

Niteowl

Enlightened
Hardcoat is an industry referal to hard anodizing. The red Mag is standard anodizing, similar to what the lights are already done in by Mag. Don't know that I'm up for a group buy (work, kids, wife!), never know though....

WildBill

Newly Enlightened
Niteowl said:
I think I want an orange one now.......

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but If I could find one in orange I'd jump on it since it's my favorite color...and it would stand out when you need to find it in a hurry! :)

I wish they made the 2C size in different colors as well. :(

farmall

Enlightened
I don't think they ever made an orange 2c. I do have the 2AA and it does stand out.