Magnetic Ring Mode Control

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
My latest magnetic ring light is the Supbeam X40. "Continuous" variable but only from a 28 Lumens low to a claimed 3480 Lumens high. There is also a claimed 3 Lumens detented position on the magnetic ring but no standby fully "off" position, a major disadvantage in my opinion, shared by my Sunwayman. Tail switch needs to be used for full off to on. Due to a product name change to AceBeam the factory had a 50 light group buy offered on BLF for the light. A quite compact 3 LED head light for the claimed output. Very similar overall size to the Jetbeam RRT-3.

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... That's a great suggestion. I think the size might actually be a bit small for my needs (big hands and clumsy work conditions) but it does bring to mind something I thought I read once: that some of these EYE lights can perhaps be legoed. :thumbsup:Maybe a EYE10 or EYE12 head would fit the EYE15 body and give me both the OFF position on the ring and the very low output possibilities I would like... although it would mean buying two lights instead of one and the money is tight now.

I believe you can actually use a RRT01 head on the EYE15 body. Probably want to verify before buying, but I'm pretty sure I remember that correctly. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would give you the lowest low of any flashlight I'm aware of, no detents, and and an off at the lowest position. It has a microamp draw, but it's very low.