Malkoff for duty use

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I think that the Hounddog is too big to have on a duty belt at all times, I prefer the Malkoff M91T MD3.

I run mine on 2 x 18500 batteries and it will run for about 1 hour 30 minutes at full output without any drop off until the batteries are depleted.

It has a continuous output of 750 lumens, I would advise that you buy it with the high/low switch which gives the option of 25 lumens, which is great for checking documents etc.

The below photo shows the comparison of sizes of the Hounddog V3, M91T MD3 and the MD2.

Malkoff%20Triple_zpse4g4hslu.jpg
album-72157703845158854

And a link to a similar thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?432160-Looking-for-a-new-duty-flashlight

dateposted
dateposted
dateposted-public

Nimitz68

Enlightened
From a compactness standpoint I think the M61HOT/MD2 combo with the high-low ring is a great combination.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do think it's a good idea to have a smaller size light on the belt at all times and a large one to grab when you need it though.

Back when I was doing security work (12+ years ago) I always had three lights, a 6P and stingerXT on my belt all the time, and a magcharger wedged between the seats that I would grab if I remembered. basically the old "pair and a spare" to ensure I had light when I needed it.
If I was still doing patrol work now, I would probably have a MD2 and MD3 on the belt all the time, and a bigger light to grab when I could...

Latest posts