Malkoff M31

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I inquire where to find one of these please...

I made one from a carefully selected piece of pvc. I think it was for underground sprinkler piping. Took a good of sanding but works perfect.

Here is a couple pics of the tube I used. Takes a good bit of sanding to fit a surefire and less to fit an 18650 body but works really good in my C3 to run 2AA.

https://imgur.com/gallery/j1vF9Cd

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Anyways this is the one I got it's fantastic. Still can't remember who I got it from😁
A84-C573-F-A06-D-4393-A51-F-475-BDBD1-CC2-A.jpg

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome gang,
I'll dig a bit this Thursday, lol...

I've had stuff from Martin before and it was fantastic!

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running an M31W on a single Lithium AA and I like it. It's not quite as bright on 1.5 volts as it is on 3 volts, which is just fine for my purposes.

doctordun

Enlightened
Ok, I own 3 Malkoff's.
All complete lights.
I know what a drop in is. This thread got me excited about the M31.
How does one go about getting a host if you don't have an old light hanging around? I guess it only makes sense to get the M31 if you already have an old host, otherwise, you could buy a nice complete light from Malkoff. Is there a "complete" Malkoff that compares to the M31 advantages?
If I were to go on eBay and look around, what is the best light to look for to use Malkoff drop ins?

ledbetter

Enlightened
M31 was designed to run on a single 3v cr123 battery or two AA batteries so it works best with a malkoff vme head on any single battery e host or you could put it in a surefire 9p with a sleeve to run aa's.If you run it in a 6p you will need a 16mm x 35mm dummy battery to take up the space of one battery.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I own 3 Malkoff's.
All complete lights.
I know what a drop in is. This thread got me excited about the M31.
How does one go about getting a host if you don't have an old light hanging around? I guess it only makes sense to get the M31 if you already have an old host, otherwise, you could buy a nice complete light from Malkoff. Is there a "complete" Malkoff that compares to the M31 advantages?
If I were to go on eBay and look around, what is the best light to look for to use Malkoff drop ins?

I find my C3-HA makes a wonderful M31 host with 2AA using a DIY PVC sleeve to reduce rattle. The 9P or G3 would work well here, too. Or a Solarforce L2M with extension. Or the Lumens Factory Seraph 9 (which is actually still available).

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Other then one M31 that I edc I have taken to putting my M31's in Malkoff 2XAA tubes. Much less chance of over voltage accidents.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Other then one M31 that I edc I have taken to putting my M31's in Malkoff 2XAA tubes. Much less chance of over voltage accidents.

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if the AA tubes (1x & 2x) fit the VME head. Is that the set-up you speak of above ? (VME head + M31 + 2AA tube)

Cheers.