Malkoff M60 MC-E

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
Gene told me the drop in will work on one 18650, but it is not enough current for it to be regulated so it will be working in direct drive. It will work fine, just not at its full power.

Does anyone see any issues with running (1) 18650 to power the MC-E?

2brian0

Newly Enlightened
My primary duty carry light right now is an M60 in a 9p. For those who were lucky enough to get one of these already, are any of you in law enforcement? I ask because I'm concerned about the light being too floody for primary duty carry. It appears it would be great to light up a room when clearing a house, however, my concern lies with contacting individuals and not being able to focus light on the face. I guess the simple question is, what kind of blinding/disrupting effect does this light have when you're on the receiving end of its wall of light?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The M60 and M30 can put out about 6000-7000 lux, measured at one meter, in a concentrated spot. The MC-E would never be able to produce such lux, such blinding effect when shined at an individual.

Bill

USM0083

Enlightened
My primary duty carry light right now is an M60 in a 9p. For those who were lucky enough to get one of these already, are any of you in law enforcement? I ask because I'm concerned about the light being too floody for primary duty carry. It appears it would be great to light up a room when clearing a house, however, my concern lies with contacting individuals and not being able to focus light on the face. I guess the simple question is, what kind of blinding/disrupting effect does this light have when you're on the receiving end of its wall of light?

At 5 yards and under, it's bright enough to disorient a person (very briefly), but that's also high dependant on the ambient light. Beyond that the output is too floody.

Here are some rough numbers from my DX light meter:

Light_____________________________lux @1 m________light box

M60W MC-E/6P (AW 16340s)___________900_____________470
Eagletac T10C2-high (AW 16340s)______4800____________305
Fenix TK10-high (AW 16340s)__________3900____________249

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene told me the drop in will work on one 18650, but it is not enough current for it to be regulated so it will be working in direct drive. It will work fine, just not at its full power.

An IMR 18650 should be able to deliver all the current it needs. Wonder if that will work. :confused:

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about putting one of these in a 9-P but how hot does it get when held in an ungloved hand for long periods of time? I can take the heat from an L4 in my hand on continuously but not much more than that. Has anyone tried to hold this one in their hand for longer than a few minutes?

USM0083

Enlightened
I am thinking about putting one of these in a 9-P but how hot does it get when held in an ungloved hand for long periods of time? I can take the heat from an L4 in my hand on continuously but not much more than that. Has anyone tried to hold this one in their hand for longer than a few minutes?

I left mine on continuously for 7 minutes, sitting on my desk, and it was quite warm, but still easily held in my bare hand.

RunningDave

Newly Enlightened
The MC-E's are back in stock. Unfortunately, the MC-E warm is out again. I think I picked up that last one. :D

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Both types are now out of stock, so back to waiting for an email advising that they are again availabe to order:mecry:

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
DAng! i never got an email saying they were in stock? what the heck?

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed the email notification has been behind compared to the online stock lately. Until that gets fixed it's the old fashioned way, refresh refresh refresh :sigh:

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
I signed up for the email notification but I did not get it either. I have, however, been checking his site several times a day for them to be in stock and I when I saw that they were in stock this morning I jumped on it immediately. I have a 9P on order as a host and I will post some beamshots after I get both items.

supes

Enlightened
Doh! The email notification doesn't work. I'm not leaving the internet till I get a M60 MC-E Warm! :D

Looking forward to the beamshots, Tim B.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Yea I didn't get an email notice either!

But I set it as my homepage so everytime I got on I would be reminded to check. I picked up the warm version! Can't wait, going into a FM body!

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I received a 9P body bored out for 2 x 18500 cells with one of these in mind. The thing is I am now contemplating a Dereelight MCE drop in but I am a little concerned about overheating issues - should I be?

PS - I already have a Malkoff M60F, so was thinking that this might be a better combination.