Malkoff M60 VS M61 which one is tougher?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew it is a beefy unit but had no idea how strong it is. Look at the thickness of that reflector...

Now that's how you build a proper flashlight.

I doubt there is any real world distinction between the M60 and M61 variants in terms of overall toughness. Or waterproofness, for that matter.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
These Malkoff drop ins are a real value IMO, loving my new M91B W. It looks yellow comparing with other emitters, but by its self outside, it is great.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The electronics will be the weak link. I bought an m61hot (i think it was) second hand here and it started doing weird things. Sent it to Gene...he ended up sending me a new module.

Sweet picture

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
My gut feeling is M60. It's basically a sealed light in it's own right. One reason why I never sold my M60LL. The prefect backup drop-in. The fact it's sealed has another pro. I can move it around and more freely handle the drop-in without concern of accidentally touching the reflector or dust. This is why I also like the EDC Plus.

ICnZkXp.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's a good point with the M60's keeping the reflector cleaner/safer. But just Incase some are wondering because it has been brought up before, Malkoff M60/M30's are NOT waterproof in there own right. In the light of corse they are but alone they can get water in them

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good point with the M60's keeping the reflector cleaner/safer. But just Incase some are wondering because it has been brought up before, Malkoff M60/M30's are NOT waterproof in there own right. In the light of corse they are but alone they can get water in them

The M60 is a beast, but you are correct. They require an O-ring seal inside the flashlight.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a couple of the M60 optics pop out - there are a couple dabs of bonding agent holding them in. In fact, I have an older M30 (a friends' dropin) that I'm thinking to send back to GM for that minor repair, when I can get around to it. :p

I may be the only one in the world that had my M61 reflector popped out. Gene took care of it.

IMG411369627.jpg

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 in a million drop from 4 feet or so. Must have fell from with right conditions and angle. A unique occurrence really. If I remember correctly, the host was a surefire 9p. No damage to the host.

Last edited: