Malkoff MDC 16650 365nm UV

Tribull

Enlightened
Well I went ahead and ordered something that I absolutely don't need but looks like it will be fun and horrifying to use. Do any of you have this one? If so what are your opinions?

Tribull

Enlightened
I have a uv md2 that i use to annoy my wife. She never turns my sweaters or flannel inside out, and it picks up white lint. It really shows under uv. She says she knows a place to stick the flashlight where the lint won't shine
Haha, that's hilarious.

Tribull

Enlightened
Doesn't look like it has a visible light filter. Once you get it see if you can find a UV pass filter that fits it. I have a MDC head lying around but dont know the exact lens dimensions offhand.
So it will emit a little more white light without a filter correct?

LEDphile

Enlightened
The 365nm SST-10 has basically no output above 400nm, so while a UV-pass filter could help eliminate that last bit of (deep blue / violet) visible light, it probably isn't required for most applications. And having a small amount of visible glow is likely desirable given that the switch on the MDC doesn't give any indication as to state - the only way to tell that the unit is on is to look at what's coming out the front.