• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

Phlogiston

Enlightened
maximum is 4.35V :grin2:
Sure, but that's the rated voltage for this light. There must be a safety margin, or someone would stick a 4.35V Li-Ion cell in, hot off the charger at up to 4.4V, and fry the driver.

Some lights rated at 1.5V will actually run perfectly well on Li-Ion, simply because the driver components happen to be rated at higher voltages than they strictly need to be. It wouldn't surprise me if the same effect came into play for a driver rated at 4.35V to allow something on the order of 6V.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how the LED would react to direct drive at 5.4V, now that I think about it...

You'll gather that I push :poof: my equipment from time to time :)

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the point in overdriving this light with high voltage? For more power you need amps, not volts. A 4.35v battery is not even high drain and it won't make this light any brighter.

I think Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 will be best for this one.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW !!

Would love to see an extension that would allow 18650 usage. Or..., would the 18650 body from the A6 work...

Edit... caught the info up above on later reading on 18650 tube...

To see a manufacturer make this light is wild. I'm in for the 219B. (just when I thought I was done...)

Last edited:

Ladd

Enlightened
A factory production hot rod! Nice!
Shows the value of the modder/manufacturer partnership for driver advancements copper components, etc.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
An all copper model with XP-L HI (non HI would be preferred if optics were available) ~4000k would be an amazing light. Add a copper 18650 body and a H17f driver and this thing would be tough to beat.

Last edited:

Manker

Newly Enlightened
I don't think we will have a full copper version E14 AS We have many other lights on plan

Manker

Newly Enlightened
I do like little power house EDC lights, nice sometimes to have a bit extra on tap!, this seems to have it all!!! :cool:]

Not sure its safe to run a cr123 in it though due to the higher Amp ask! Would have thought IMR/INR only...............
You can use cr123 with E14 but you can't get the high output. Thanks!

giorgoskok

Newly Enlightened
Once the battery gets from 3V (full cr123 battery) to 2.8V , the lvp protection will be enabled................ :grin2:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is there any kind of overheating protection? It must get very hot on turbo? I am very interested in the Nichia 219b model!

giorgoskok

Newly Enlightened
If the description is right , there is Low voltage protection , and turbo stepdown . (Thermal regulation is on the upgraded version of the driver , with attiny 25 . Search banggood for "X6 X5 driver" )

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's sad. I was excited about this, but the host is the most important part for me now. Hopefully the other lights you guys have planed are full copper, Brass or titanium.
Same here, I would have also jumped on this if it was full copper, brass, or titanium.

Manker I hope you would reconsider and offer one of these metals instead of aluminum.

Manker

Newly Enlightened
That's sad. I was excited about this, but the host is the most important part for me now. Hopefully the other lights you guys have planed are full copper, Brass or titanium.

what's about Timeback?there are two version of Timeback, copper and titanium.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's about Timeback?there are two version of Timeback, copper and titanium.

People are strange. They want nice features and nice finish in one light, not in two separate :) Timeback are very nice lights, but their functionality looks like something rudimentary to their external beauty and price.

Just my two cents.

Manker

Newly Enlightened
People are strange. They want nice features and nice finish in one light, not in two separate :) Timeback are very nice lights, but their functionality looks like something rudimentary to their external beauty and price.

Just my two cents.

:D I like Timeback very much.