• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

adept1

Newly Enlightened
I also ordered from GB just because I liked the Manker name & logo better :) As far as I can tell, they don't sell the 18650 tube though.

Yesterday I was setting up a checkout cart at Gearbest, wanted to purchase Manker E14. As far as I can tell, Gearbest does not sell an 18650 tube for the Manker E14. Banggood sells the same light as Astrolux S41, and also sells the 18650 tube, but I'd prefer the Manker label, and would prefer a single transaction. If there is an 18650 tube for E14 at Gearbest, plz link, thx.

lyyyghtey

Newly Enlightened
Is Maukka's review (which is awesome!) truly applicable to this new batch of E14/S41 with the glued bezel? Mine (2nd batch) is significantly cooler than the measured unit; it's close to 5100K. Also I thought I read somewhere (Another forum? Gearbest reviews?) that the first batch did have the rosy-tint Nichias in it. Mine definitely has the greener-tint type. (Which I don't usually notice BTW)

That said, mine does have noticeably better deep red rendering than my 82~83 CRI lights.

If there's one thing about the light I might eventually change it's the driver. The less-efficient FET drive starts kicking in on level 4, but I sometimes need this level (or even 5) at work. I need my work lights to have long runtimes due to infrequent battery changes. Also i worry about the overheating issue.

But the light itself has been great! No more tunnel vision and almost-headaches from close-in use of a throwier light!

Arufonsi

Newly Enlightened
I'm loving this light, i'm new to flashlight collection and bought this for the quad nichia LED.

However i just purchased a pair of Samsung 30Q cells for this light i received yesterday, was wondering if anybody is using this battery along S41? Read on some post that 30Q provides too much Amp for this light and it will over heat very quickly. Any chance of the 30Q damaging it?

lyyyghtey

Newly Enlightened
I'm loving this light, i'm new to flashlight collection and bought this for the quad nichia LED.

However i just purchased a pair of Samsung 30Q cells for this light i received yesterday, was wondering if anybody is using this battery along S41? Read on some post that 30Q provides too much Amp for this light and it will over heat very quickly. Any chance of the 30Q damaging it?

I'm using LG HG2 in mine, which is quite comparable to the 30Q. As I understand it, the big problem starts when you both use a high discharge cell and bypass the springs with copper wire, which I have not done. But I don't use mine on turbo (or even level 6) very much so I lack much experience even though I've got the torch. It's still mostly a future concern for me but I'll probably solve it somehow if and when I change the driver to one where the FET kicks in at a higher level. Or perhaps one with no FET but many 7135s (in contrast to modern trends)
, if it will fit, so as to know for sure that the Nichias won't be overdriven even with a high-discharge cell AND the spring bypasses.

The main reasons I would do these mods though is to be able to achieve regulated output at higher levels and/or for more time, and to improve the efficiency, even if only slightly, in the middle modes.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have pictures comparing size with and without the tube? I also can't find much in the way of runtimes on the nichia version. I'm seeing a review on amazon saying no way it is near 1600 lumens also.

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Purchased x2 nichia219 version from Manker directly and couldn't be happier. With the extension tube, the light is still not very big; easily a pocketable EDC. Both have perfectly aligned optics/LEDs and color tints are a match all around on both. I have a Astrolux from banggood coming in the mail and will report back on the QC, but so far, so good.

DB0F2A79-E432-45A2-B9D9-C1B3BF95F3B0_zps3rjjq5zi.jpg

D75647F7-FD03-4A71-9AF3-6B097DDB6DB1_zpsuqmkli1p.jpg

C9D201EA-8B0E-4D70-B772-7E489ED705D5_zpsgefqt9kl.jpg

4B40CEBF-3127-4847-B51A-94F4828DDEAD_zpsmtuo8pss.jpg

7C20AC0C-7918-4A9B-9A64-196F513EE7BA_zpstlzt64ab.jpg

Arufonsi

Newly Enlightened
I'm using LG HG2 in mine, which is quite comparable to the 30Q. As I understand it, the big problem starts when you both use a high discharge cell and bypass the springs with copper wire, which I have not done. But I don't use mine on turbo (or even level 6) very much so I lack much experience even though I've got the torch. It's still mostly a future concern for me but I'll probably solve it somehow if and when I change the driver to one where the FET kicks in at a higher level. Or perhaps one with no FET but many 7135s (in contrast to modern trends)
, if it will fit, so as to know for sure that the Nichias won't be overdriven even with a high-discharge cell AND the spring bypasses.

The main reasons I would do these mods though is to be able to achieve regulated output at higher levels and/or for more time, and to improve the efficiency, even if only slightly, in the middle modes.

glad to hear that, thanks for the answer.

A portion of the copper part where i hold the light starts turning black already, less than 1 week of use. Anybody maintain the copper portion periodically?

Last edited:

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Is the tail cap swithable with that of the convoy S2+ (with the metal switch)?

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has quickly become one of my favorite lights. Unlike many others I love the functionality of it with the 18650 body, it's a perfect size light with ample run time. Turbo is a bit silly and high is more than enough when a super bright output is needed. Excellent and versatile light imho.

EDIT: Nichia 219B version.

manker1.jpg

manker2.jpg

Hey there, where is the grip ring from? Looks great!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow, that blows! Guess that's the price we pay for getting such a light at a low price. Manker probably doesn't even go through the effort of matching the LEDs per light.

Probably the best option any of us have to get perfectly matched LEDs is to buy the light through Vinh, and make sure he uses very closely matched LEDs. Vinh would use his own driver as well, which means more efficient lower modes.

Ditto

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Just got my Manker e14 Nichia today. Tint seems absent of any green and the led's all appear uniform. However, one of the led's has some object in it. Not in the diode, if I'm using that word correctly, but in the outer ring. I don't notice it unless I look directly into the light. It looks like a black splinter. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I'm trying to take a picture of it with my iPhone but I'm not having any luck so far.
sigh.gif

rycen

Enlightened
What brand of 18650 battery fits and provides the power needed for this light?

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
I tired the extended tube with a [h=1]Nitecore NL189 2014 Universal 18650 Li-ion Battery with 3400mah 3.7v.[/h]It was too snug. So rule that one out. I'm using a nitecore 18350 for daily use.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I have several Eagletac 3.7V 3500mAh protected cells, which are rated for 10A and based on the NCR18650GA cell. Unfortunately, the tolerances on the E14 / S41 18650 tube are a little tight, so some of these cells fit, but others don't. I've basically cherry-picked the ones that do fit from my stock and those are the ones I use.

Incidentally, these cells all seem to fit perfectly well in my BLF A6 lights, which are supposed to share their body tube and tailcap designs with the E14 / S41, so you can see what I mean about the tolerances.

Given that these are protected cells, which are always slightly larger than their base cells, I presume that most if not all unprotected cells would fit in an E14 / S41.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
What brand of 18650 battery fits and provides the power needed for this light?
I tried a protected Keeppower in the 18650 extension tube. It went in hard and I had to shove it out of there with a wooden dowel. Not recommended!

Since then, I went back to 18350 unprotected from AWT.

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a protected Keeppower in the 18650 extension tube. It went in hard and I had to shove it out of there with a wooden dowel. Not recommended!

Since then, I went back to 16350 unprotected from AWT.

Hey mad, I just got the keepower 750 mah from vinh and these are the cells meant for this powerhouse of a light. I LOVE this light!!!