• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McClicky upgrade for Surefire M6, M6LT

cody12

Newly Enlightened
Updated:

Got the adapted yesterday and then was able to get it installed last night.

Awesome little item!

Tip for anyone else in the US So I tried boiling my tail cap for over 10-minutes, wouldn't budge.
Then though I'd try my PB Blaster from out in the shed. Yup, after not even 5-min of sitting there the plastic internals came free and I was home free.

Had an extra McClicky so I installed it and it's great having an M6 with a McClicky unit.

Thanks altermann!

scout24

Flashaholic
Mine arrived, is installed, and working great. I streched my McClicky spring a bit for stronger contact, and away we go! I got lucky with my plastic ring, it came right out. Great product, thanks for bringing these to market... :thumbsup:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is a pb blaster?

Not my image but pulled from the World Wide Web!

IMG_0896_zpsxsvfrx4h.jpg

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I have been watching this for a while now. How do these feel vs say surefire backup clickys? I kinda like never worrying about the beast being turned on accidentally. But at the same time I'm a clicky lover. This is a forward clicky right? Surprised nobody has made a video yet.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm,

It's not as stiff as my stock E2D switch and now that you mention it I have a single cell silver backup and that switch seems to me about the same as the E2D, but remember it's a McClicky that you install and your also using the stock rubber boot. I can say that I recently acquired a G2Z with a McClicky in it that has the green GITD boot and it's the easiest press of all my torches. I can say for sure it's a close second to easiest click for me as the stock rubber boot is quite large and now you have me wondering if I could reinforce the inside of it somehow, lol... making it more like a medium press.

Also the tail cap completes the circuit whilst being tightened down all the way, a simple loosening of the tail cap and it's in "transport-off" mode as I call it.

These are a great little addition to anyone's M-6, and don't forget the current handling ability of the
McClicky.

I can see myself getting a few more of these if/when I get another M6, Lol...

PS: If you decide you don't like it send me a PM and I'll buy it from ya. :D

Last edited:

jso902

Enlightened
Just installed this. nice product.
The only additional tidbit is that I had to extend the spring like scout.
Thank you Alex.
Heat shock/ boiling didn't work for me. A pb blaster like product was what loosened the retaining ring.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

PatriotUnknown

Newly Enlightened
Really interested in one of these. I do use my m6 a ton though. Often times it's exposed to water from rain, dew, or the occasional creek crossing. If I do change it out how will it do with exposure to water? Does the tail cap still remain water tight? Thanks!