McR45 head - anodise or polish?

Ganp

Enlightened
Here is an McR45 head I am making for another flashaholic.

The plan was to finish it HAlll-natural to go with a 2 cell HA-nat' body.
The trouble is ... when I tried it on his beautiful bare alloy Mirage_Man 18650 body ... well I just didn't want to take it off.:drool:

IMG_6371copy.jpg

IMG_6366copy.jpg

Should I anodise it?:thinking:

Maybe I'll just polish it and keep it for myself. :naughty:

Colin.

greenLED

Flashaholic
As much as I like the looks of bare Al, it's a pain to maintain the finish and prefer anodized (or duracoated?) parts.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ganp nice work, did you make the tail cap? It looks great!
If you do it with HA III Black it would look sweet. Can you mask off the grooves in the head and tail so its striped? Or do you need to re-machine the grooves?

Ganp

Enlightened
Thanks for your views guys. I'm not a fan of polished torches - I prefer to handle an anodised finish - but that MM body looks so good.

Ganp nice work, did you make the tail cap? It looks great!
If you do it with HA III Black it would look sweet. Can you mask off the grooves in the head and tail so its striped? Or do you need to re-machine the grooves?

Nein166 ... Yup, it is one of my tailcaps. If I were to do a striped head I would anodise first and machine the grooves after.:)

Colin.

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Nice! It looks cool bare. I suggest persevering that look with a polished nickel plating.

ianb

Enlightened
Colin,

I have another beauty of a MM body this time annodised, but grooved, personally I prefer it, I'll get it on its way to you Monday, then you can have a compare, though if it were me, I'd go for annodised :devil:, I hate finger marks and that looks like a user :faint:

Beautiful work, I'm very and I mean VERY impressed, :popcorn:

Ian :)