MD26E Drop-ins - single XM-L2, triple 219, quad XP-G2, XM-L2 mule

easilyled

Flashaholic
That is a really good point Daniel. They are works of art! I'd love to own one as well.

Dave, I smiled broadly when I noticed that we had both seen and admired Vinz's amazing skills completely independently of each other and yet thought almost as one, posting at virtually the same time. We seem to share an almost telepathic appreciation of the finest craftsmen on CPF. :)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I had a couple for sometime now and yes they are almost too much a work of art to be hidden inside a host, especially one as unassuming as my L2T :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

texas cop

Enlightened
I received my quad from Vinz today. Looks like the Christmas spirit was with him, he refunded part of the price and threw in a SolarForce L2N and a lens. Very nice, Thank You. I look forward to him expanding his creations a bit. This secret Mjölnir?

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
I'll take some beamshots of the new MT-G2 (with optic), Triple XM-L2, Quad XP-G2 and the Hepta XM-L2 soon.

Following my latest improvement for them: Beryllium copper P60 springs with a thick silver coating! They allow up to 30% higher currents on the Quads or a much more stable output on the lower driven drop-ins.

BeCu-P60-Federn_zpsa99e774e.jpg

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Still for Solarforce only. I've already completed some Surefire (universal fit) shells, but would need a special beryllium copper spring for them and I don't have the funds for an other batch of springs right now. And Mjölnir's priority is higher too.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Still for Solarforce only. I've already completed some Surefire (universal fit) shells, but would need a special beryllium copper spring for them and I don't have the funds for an other batch of springs right now. And Mjölnir's priority is higher too.

Interested in the MT-G2 ...

and is there a thread on the Mjolnir yet, or is it a secret ? :sssh:

Indexmill

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinz,

Are you going to be selling any of these? Please confirm.

Thank you, John.

outersquare

Enlightened

Thanks, still plan to order a surefire fit module.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Came across this thread after reading another one about another manufacturer's triple P60. These are incredible... Fantastic work Vinz! I would definitely be interested in a ordering a couple for my SF hosts. Looking forward to any future updates...:popcorn:

Cburnett

Newly Enlightened
Vinz,

how do I go about getting more info on your drop ins for purchase? Sorry I'm new to this forum.
thanks, chad

Hi, folks!

I would like you to show you some of my new drop-ins. They are hand made and designed to perfectly fit Solarforce hosts using unprotected or short protected cells.

Here are some details:

• Hand selected LEDs - low-average Vf and perfectly matched at triples and quads
  • Copper bonded LEDs at single and triple LED drop-ins
  • LED-MCPCBs are glued using a Diamond thermal adhesive
  • Whole electronic potted by a Diamond thermal adhesive - Around 10ct Diamond in each drop-in
  • Best PTFE sleeved silver plated oxygen free copper wires (22 AWG) - Soldered with best Mundorf Silber/Gold solder (contains silver and gold)
  • Made of one piece of aluminium
  • Custom circuits - Custom modes are possible
  • Voltage and reverse polarity protection

Here are some pictures of the first 4 models:

Uebersicht-2_zps4acab545.jpg

Uebersicht-1_zps43031679.jpg

Uebersicht-3_zps3f1ebcbe.jpg

The Mule with the four tritium rods in the dark.
Uebersicht-3_zps6161d312.jpg

Many more will follow soon.:)

Regards,

Vinz

blackbox

Newly Enlightened
Are you still making these? Looking for a quad 219 with frosted wide optics PM me if still available.

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with Vinz? Email address? I sent a PM but no response yet. I'd like to buy one of his drop ins. I read somewhere that he is more active on the German forum (taschlampen?). If anyone here is a member there, could you possibly send him this way? Thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that he is busy with his gorgeous aspheric throwers. He has been great with sending his silver plated BeCu springs. The ultimate negative springs for P60 dropins!

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Bummer, thanks for responding though. I'll try to hold out a little longer just in case. I would really like to buy one of Vinz's quad XPG2 drop ins shown earlier in this thread...

edit - got a PM back today. Maybe I was just not patient enough, or maybe someone did help me out. Either way, looking forward to a Vinz drop in :)

Last edited:

Latest posts