Micro ATL G3 and G4

Zandar

Enlightened
Please put me down for a G4 with the copper polished brushed finish with the 2 warm, 1 neutral Nichia LEDs. The magnets mount on the inside right? Tha

nks Zandar

sunny_nites

Enlightened
The magnets mount on the inside right?

That is correct, the magnets are inside the light on the bottom.

Please put me down for a G4 with the copper polished brushed finish with the 2 warm, 1 neutral Nichia LEDs.

Got it - thanks!!

MMMor

Newly Enlightened
Hope I made it...
I would like to buy 1 brass brushed...
2 warm and 1 neutral nichia leds...
Thanks a bunch!!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I really miss doing the updates from the build page, so hope no one minds if I post a few here every now and then.

Afraid I don't have any pictures yet but my machine shop has informed me that they can get mirror polished brass for the G4 tops and bottoms. Thinking these will look pretty sweet!!

Of course, I can still do a brushed finish on your brass G4 if you would rather.

Thanks!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
OK, just one more update today and this one has some pictures.

Been carrying the copper G4 around for a while now and gotta say, I'm really digging the patina!

I've been using a jewelers cloth to do some minor polishing occasionally, instead of the more aggressive chemical polishes that work great at putting the full shine back on. The thing I like about the jewelers cloth, is that it does a good job but not a great job. It leaves just the right amount of patina IMHO.

Resized%202_zpsstd5mrzp.jpg

Resized%201_zps5itgfho1.jpg

Zandar

Enlightened
I really do like the patina of this G4, was this a treated finish to start with, brushed, polished?

sunny_nites

Enlightened
This one started out as a polished light with no other treatments, you can see it on page one.

The camera really didn't do a good job picking up all the colors that are present especially on the front. There are blues, reds, oranges. Pretty cool how it oxidizes.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ same with me. I am making arrangements with a shipper in the US to forward my packages to Macau in one go and want to know if my brass light can make it :)

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Hey guys,

Appreciate your patience! And for the guys that have been around since the G2 days, I really, really appreciate your patience!!

I have a batch of G3s that will be shipping out later this week and will be contacting the recipients with payment and shipping information. The machine shop will be getting a batch of aluminum G4 blanks to me later this week as well. So look for some aluminum G4s to ship out next week.

The brass and copper G4s are coming but probably won't be in for at least another week.

Thanks!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

Just a couple of quick updates;

I will be sending the Micro ATL user manual on a CD. If you would rather have it on paper, let me know when I confirm your shipping address.

I've been debating about whether to offer these for sale or not but they have proven so popular with my local sales that I thought I would just put it out there in case anyone is interested:

Had several people ask for a quick way to check the charge on the battery since there is no charge indicator on the light, so I came up with this little checker that plugs into your charge port and is powered by the Micro ATLs onboard battery.
0184f23e1789c939a04e180720ae27c2e25adebed3_zpserbtbr30.jpg

What I have run into, is that about 1/3 of these are inaccurate by some amount, sometimes up to around .08v. They are, however, consistent in their inaccuracy and I can note that on the back of the unit.
018af7be9f6f39bf586f3b4ab01efae0321bb47a57_zpscc8nlzj8.jpg

The example above might read 3.98v but the actual voltage would be 4.04v.

With approximately 1/3 being off by some degree, I can't really reject them and still make it affordable to offer for sale.

So, if you are OK with maybe getting one that is off by some known degree I am offering these for $6.00 (with the light, $8.00 on their own). If anyone is interested in a battery checker, let me know and I will do my best to get you one that is more accurate but what comes in is pretty much a roll of the dice.

Thanks!

Latest posts