• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I hope you feel better too Scott, i also suffer from hayfever and it makes life a misery in the early summer. Would you be interested in doing an Arc AA mod when you feel better?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys waiting for lights...tired of waiting? Well, we've got a bunch of milkyspit mods up for sale! These are directly from the master...I'm just helping him sell so that he can work on everyone else's mods.

Milky Mods Sale

TonyTDMD

Newly Enlightened
Wow.. I'd like to know more about that P7 Optimator... run time , modes, beam quality etc.
Milky just finished a KL1 and KL3 for me (and is currently working on a KL3 with 3 LEDS), and they are awesome!! I cant imagine ever needing another EDC light than my E1Ew/milky KL1.

donn_

Flashaholic
Wow.. I'd like to know more about that P7 Optimator... run time , modes, beam quality etc.

The 'Amity' version of the Acorn driver has 4 levels, running at approximately 10mA, 40mA, 320mA and 1,000mA. The 1st level is enough to get you to the bathroom, and on high, it puts out ~424 lumens.

Runtime, would depend greatly on which levels are used, and what battery is used.

The light is wearing a skin of mild diffusion film on the lens, to eliminate a donut in the beam. I haven't removed the film to see how bad the beam is without it, because I'm so impressed with its beam as is. It doesn't have as much throw as my P7 KL6, but I didn't expect it to. The KL6 reflector is far deeper than the KL3's. There's a donut in the beam of the KL6 also, but I've run it without the film, and outdoors, I don't see the donut.

I have 3 very different P7 lights, so far, and I'm really impressed with the emitter. It's got a ton of punch, even when very under-driven. The Optimator is the first with multiple levels (I've run the KL6 with a resistored tailcap..for two levels), and I love it. The third light is a direct-drive 3D Mag running NiMH cells. It has both a smooth reflector and a sputtered one. It's by far the strongest of the 3 P7 lights, due I'm sure to the larger reflector. Against the white wall, the smooth reflector's beam is nasty but incredibly bright. With the textured reflector, it's beautiful. Outdoors, the smooth is strong, and I don't see the artifacts. It handily out-throws the textured reflector, but the textured is the one I use most. It's got enough throw for me, and the enlarged side-spill is very useful.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS2NV, actually yes... will be in touch soon.

A few days ago I finished a build of an Aleph Mule with Seoul SSCP7 emitter... looks to pump out roughly 300 lumens overall output on RCR123 and is compatible with both primary and rechargeable cells... here's a little quick eye candy...

img-sr02-amp7-profile.jpg

img-sr02-amp7-closeup.jpg

Now back to the grindstone! :wave: :sweat:

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I have a Milky U2by2, and have been interested in knowing its output levels and run times ever since I got it. I don't have the equipment or know how to find out what the 6 output levels are....And I don't have the time or patience to find out the run times of the 6 levels.....With both 2 x cr123a's and 1 x AW 18650. Have any of you flashaholic technophiles that own one of these beauties this knowledge that I am looking for? Thanks.

PS....I know the high level is 500 lumen, but the other 5 levels, I am clueless on.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not sure about the output but i think milky said the runtimes are the same as stock.

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
Recieved my boxter and creemator today, AWESOME!! Couldnt be any happier, and the only problem I have is determining which one to carry. Many thanks to Scott for the excellent product, and also to bondr006 and ttran97 for answering questions for me!!

roguesw

Enlightened
Hi there, I would like to contact milky for a build but i cant pm him, Do you know how i can get in contact with him? thanks
Des

Brozneo

Enlightened
Hey Milky,

I'm loving your previous builds that you have sent me, but I'm just wondering how far away my M867 KT4 build is - I know your very busy and have been sick etc however an update would be great! :twothumbs

Thanks,

Nick

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Tale Of The (Milky) Tape![/size]

Almost fell out of my chair when I noticed that HoopleHead had started a thread inquiring into the nature of the labels I put on most of my builds! :eek:oo:

img-msax-striper-label-bw.jpg

It's actually a cool thread and has essentially morphed into a combination of label folklore and a general history/FAQ on the labels themselves... plus MSax gets a good-natured whoopin', which is always lots of fun. :p

The thread is over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.