• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
P7 "Optimator" in black

"This one is a primo KL3-BK in 99% condition. It's been Milkified with a Seoul Semiconductor P7 CSWOI, an McR27 reflector, trimmed to fit the immense emitter and the KL3, and driven at 4 levels of output by the Acorn driver, 'Amity' version, with ultra-low, low, medium and high (424 lumens). Takes 1x Li-Ion or 2x primaries. Mounted on a mint Z2 Combatlight body with tail-standing Leef clicky."

Link to the 1600x1200 hi-res version of the shot just below. okay i thought i was being tricky putting it on a glass table and shooting from underneath, but now that i look at it more i could have got the same effect just tailstanding it and shooting down onto a white background. :ohgeez:

edcnighttime2nb7.jpg

edcnighttime1ah8.jpg

:naughty:

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
new light just came :naughty:

Milkyspit Aleph Mule P7 EN

"The AMP7 is built in a McGizmo Aleph Mule EN clicky host via a standard-sized Aleph Light Engine (LE). Emitter is a SSCP7 CSWOI and driver is MadMax+ for use with a single primary or rechargeable cell. On RCR123, estimated overall output is 300 lumens... primary will yield a bit less but still be well into the 200s... primary will run for about 1 hour and rechargeable perhaps 40 minutes... and when the light dims, it will occur gradually rather than suddenly turning off. Qualitatively, this build is noticeably brighter than its equivalent using a single-chip emitter." - Milky

:party:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, that giant gummy dome is pressed against the lens!

heh yeah, milky said "the very top of the P7 dome comes right to the inner edge of the lens... if you look closely you can see a tiny contact patch. It's nothing to worry about, affects neither beam quality nor longevity of the emitter, and the actual contact point is smaller and more minor than it can appear when viewing it through the lens. This is normal, the other light was the same way... " :twothumbs

the thing is a flood monster for sure.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS2NV, yes, I know (hangs head in shame)... :whistle:

[size=+1]They're Baaack: A Handful of Milky Candles (MC2), Special Batch With Nichia GS![/size]

Folks have been asking about my Milky Candles (a.k.a. MC2) for a while, whether I had any more, when I would build some more, etc. I've finally got enough parts on hand to help on that front, and right now have six units... yes, ONLY SIX... that incorporate hand-chosen Nichia GS white LEDs of Rank W (brightest available) and tint C0 (neutral to slightly warm, virtually none of the usual blue/purple in the beam)... testing by fellow CPFer JTR1962 shows these LEDs to be by far the brightest, most efficient 5mm LEDs yet seen.

In addition to the above, I've taken individual measurements of the operating parameters for each LED in these six units and am loading customized firmware on them, specifically tweaked to drive the LEDs to their full capabilities: this means longer runtimes at each level before the units failover to amber, and MIGHT also mean these will be the first Milky Candles capable of running the white LED in regulation on a single PRIMARY 123 cell. Woohoo! :naughty:

Anyway, the post about these is over here.

These are first come, first served, $59 each plus shipping. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

A little eye candy...

img-mc2-nichia-gs-beeswax-bowling-pins.jpg

[size=+1]Keep Your Eyes Peeled, There's More, Very Soon![/size]

I've got a few new goodies to post for sale shortly... aw heck, I'll pledge to post them before going to bed tonight. We've got an extremely small sprint run of exactly TWO CREEmators, these particular ones both the most powerful I've ever built, AND with a new revision of firmware featuring a new capability that I think will be of interest to some... let's just say you can buy the normal CREEmator or the CREEmator Miser (to borrow McGizmo's terminology)... and whichever you want, I guarantee that's what you'll get, even if you don't tell me which version you wanted... :whistle:

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! ;) Behind door #3 we have not one, but TWO 'Special Reserve' lights, each one-of-a-kind... I struggled with putting these up for sale because once I'd built them, I wanted to keep them! :ohgeez:

Please watch this thread for links a bit later this evening to the sales threads once I've got them posted.

Thanks all. It's been a challenging month... will fill y'all in on the family crisis we had to navigate, but at the moment I've got some work to do... :sweat:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
today was payday, gimme yer best shot! :devil: (but in a very small package ;) :naughty:)

:twothumbs

A few teaser photos while I'm working on cropping and resizing the rest in Photoshop...

img-boxter-sr-u2swoi-l2-on-aleph-profile.jpg

(You can see the writing around the front of the camera lens reflected in the flashlight window in this one!)
img-boxter-sr-u2swoi-l2-on-aleph-reflector-with-camera-reflection.jpg

img-boxter-sr-u2swoi-l2-on-aleph-relative-size.jpg

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I just can't do it... must... sleep! :(

The odd thing is, the Boxter Special Reserve I was going to post is already sold, to Hooplehead! I'll still post something about the light, it was a nice build.

I'll post the remaining items for sale sometime (later) in the morning... will also post a link here. Good stuff if I dare say so... these little lights should make a few people very happy!

Nighty night for now. :wave: :sleepy:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Even in difficult times you do fine work my friend:thumbsup: I'll post better pics when I can, but for the time being....... drumroll please.

Let me present to you. The Milkyspit P7 Sparkplug:party:

Here's the tail of the tape. X412.2 SSCP7 CSWOI AcornHC 1.5 1X18650 or 2X123. 1.5 hrs on high at 412 Lm and a low setting around 82 Lm for 10 hrs

026.jpg

017.jpg

We had a torrential downpour here last night so It's mostly been used around the house. My first impressions are :D:thumbsup::party:. I should be able to get out into the woods tonight to really test it out. Then I can post a proper review. The M3T body is a temporary host until I find a suitable 2X123 body. Thanks for the idea on the dummy cell Scott. I made one the day after we talked.

Thank you for your commitment to build good products. For being one person catering to hundreds I applaud you:bow::bow::bow: This one was the easy head. I can't wait to see the other one:sssh::whistle:.... no pressure though:nana:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The odd thing is, the Boxter Special Reserve I was going to post is already sold, to Hooplehead!

:buddies: thank you sir, just what the doctor ordered! cant wait for this and the Candle. was really tempted on the CREEmator, sounds rockin. guess ill have to think of somethin else instead for that 2nd light for the missus :whistle:

eager to hear about the new Miser mode!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
wake up milky! :poke: :candle:

Uh, yes... long nap I guess? :sleepy:

Good news and bad news! First the bad: the other Special Reserve light is already sold, to ColoradoGPS. It's the one to the right in this photo...

img-boxter-sr-u2swoi-l2-on-aleph-relative-size.jpg

I do intend to post an informational thread about that light anyway, it was pretty neat if I dare say so... had considered keeping it and had to talk myself out of it! :eek:oo:

The good news: I've been really slow to post it, but do still have a couple very special CREEmator builds (the center pair of lights in the photo) to sell... I could be persuaded to build a couple more, too, possibly reflectored... but first things first, I'll try AGAIN to get this thread posted after grabbing a bite to eat. BRB... :whistle:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang! I've been waiting since yesterday morning for more info on that SE on the right. I think I'll camp out here and see what the middle two have going on that I might not be able to live without......

gjg

Enlightened
Hey Milky: PM's sent to you - I'd like some modding done to three lights - A Gotham, a SF L1 Cree, and a SF E1e (but still need a KL4 head for it if you have one, or other ideas welcomed...) Please let me know when/if you could do these (now would be especially good, I have some spare cash....)
Please PM me back or drop me an e-mail at [email protected].
THANKS, Scott!
Greg :D

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
GJG, I've received at least a few of your communications and had set them aside, but I must applaud your persistence! ;) Will be in touch as soon as I can.

[size=+1]As for folks waiting for the Sprint Run[/size] to be posted, it's been quite a wait, yes... so wanted to offer fair warning that I'm typing up the sales thread right now... will be posted in a matter of minutes, then I'll post a link in this thread for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.