• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mini Turbohead M2-XML2 Direct Drive

LowFlux

Enlightened
Whoo hoo! Thanks for the update! My F5 key was getting tired from all the refreshing.

jalal20

Enlightened
would it be possible to use weapon light switch on this light? I think I found a way to mount it on a weapon but I just want to see if it would be possible to have momentary activation when needed and in an easy setup. If possible then which switch and if not then can you make it possible ?:)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Mechanically, this head will fit onto any body onto which a Triple/60+Z44 will fit. So assuming that, everything else is electrical. This head is direct driven, so...

Its high amperage and may destroy some weapon switches (tape, etc)
It balances naturally with high capacity batteries: 2900/3100/3400

If what you have in mind supports Triples, 3400's and ZeroRez installation, you're all set. The base bezel is designed specifically for weapons uses and our modifications are even more so. The only consideration would be that the battery's protection circuit handle the compression as well. A body with our bore plus battery bumper will help with this.

Maxbelg

Enlightened
My C2 M2-XML2 DD remains my favorite flashlight since I've owned it. This is quite exceptional because I am usually a bit fickle in these things and I own a lot of other great lights including V4 triple Nichia 219 Oveready in a C2, quite a few HDS, Malkoffs etc etc. Obviously with its single level (except of course a spacer with a CR123A for a second level) it isn't my most versatile light but it is so well made, robust and has such a nice balanced beam that I always smile when I turn it on.........................

Barbarian

Enlightened
I'm also very impressed with this offering. As others have mentioned the beam is clean and beautiful. I'm always apprehensive after I order a new light because I'm worried about tint and beam, but the Mini Turbohead is a big time winner. Even though I'm prefer warmer tints, the neutral XML2 in the Mini TH is excellent and not cold by any means.

I might try a TL50 body (combined with a ZRS tailcap) on occasion to give me an even smaller light that is just a joy to turn on.

A+ to TL & OR

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
I have been trying to curb my light aquisitions for a while but this one has been calling to me and I gave in today. I can hardly wait to compare it to my M2-50.

Sent from Tapatalk

scout24

Flashaholic
I must ask... A new primary 123, with spacer or in appropriately sized body can be used with this head? (XM-L2 neutral, DD M2) Any idea of output or runtime in this configuration? Forgive my being dense... :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Also works with inappropriately sized bodies:

2zrdbma.jpg

I'll do some testing...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
BTW, lest you think thats a shredded bezel ring, its perfectly smooth. This is actually some kind of phenomenon I just discovered, reminiscent of solar flares:

2qsz0up.jpg

Last edited: