• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mini Turbohead M2-XML2 Direct Drive

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light looks Great PSM. The parts go together very nicely.
It's great to hear a little history on the RPM tails.
You are free to lego parts any way you like.
We provide proven tested reliable setups as a reference to you guys. The Zero rez provides maximum output and is 100% reliable.
The Mcclicky has proven to be surpisingly reliable at 4-5A. Be warned that it gets extremely hot at these currents. You are losing a significant amount of output, and the resistance is wasting your cells power. But if the setup makes you happy, best of luck with it.

Maxbelg

Enlightened
.......The Zero rez provides maximum output and is 100% reliable.......

That's most important! Love the set-up the way you sell it. Currently (I'm afraid I'm a little fickle about lights) it's my favorite light and will definately always remain among my favorites.

Would you comment on the question about the Keeppower 3400 and the internal resistance I posted here (#77) or should I wait for ElectronGuru to respond?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxbelg; i have one question though: When looking at the specs of the batteries over on this sight ([URL said:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php[/URL]) I am concerned that the Keeppower 3400 batteries calculated internal resistance (0,09 ohm) is too low! (AW IMR 2000 has 0,09 ohm as well) So is it safe to use or should I stick to AW 2600 with 0,16 ohm? Am I correct in thinking that the internal resistance is important or not? If I look at their respective discharge curves at 5 amp the Keeppower 3400 is between the AW 2600 and the AW IMR 2000 thus providing more current to the LED than the AW 2600 and less than an IMR 2000.

The Panasonic 3400 cells perform the best of any we have tested on this light. Different manufacturers add resistance to them in different amounts with a variety protection circuits.

That site is nice for comparing different cells.

The only reason the 2600 cells (sometimes) look good at higher currents is because they get very hot.
However, I have run them hard hundreds of times and never had a safety issue with them.

We have tested the M2-XML2 setup for hundreds of hours at the current that the latest (Panasonic 3400mAh) LiCo cells can provide. We stand behind the product when used correctly.

IMR cells are typically dangerous in direct drive setups with Cree LED's low Vf. We do not recommend the use of IMR with these.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thanks Moddo, RPM is one of the nicest guys I've met. :)

I will still continue to use the zero-res, I just like to Lego. We run our triples on McClickies, my naked eyes probably couldn't tell a 100-150 lumen difference. Maybe if I had two side by side.

That is sharp looking!

Thanks!!

Yes a strict diet of 2600's. :D

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Full power on triples is twice the voltage, so half the amperage load on the switch for the same wattage. When ready, the Triad accepts both ZRs, providing the best of both - form and amperage/resistance.

That does make sense. I'm no genius when it comes to the particulars with volts and amperage. :eek:

Either way, the M2-XML2 is a homerun. :D

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
And is there an option to send in our M2 Heads and have you LED Brain Surgeons do your thing???

I'm a big fan of the M2 bezel and theoretically yes, but we do not currently have room in our building schedule. I'll keep this idea in mind as we continue to boost production capacity on these and other items.

A few more HA black C2 and 6P XML2 are ready to ship

BeamED

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the M2 bezel and theoretically yes, but we do not currently have room in our building schedule. I'll keep this idea in mind as we continue to boost production capacity on these and other items.

A few more HA black C2 and 6P XML2 are ready to ship

PM Sent

Frank1967

Enlightened
I have one coming in! Can anyone comment about any artifacts in the beam? Is the beam clean? Thanks!

Frank1967

Enlightened
Thanks guys! It will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see this little powerhouse in action.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 3 generation of Oveready M2 Mini Turboheads have a few things in common...they are all direct driven, extremely bright, beautifully made and have a super clean beams.

I found the beam of my M2-50 to have a nice white if not slightly greenish, the XM-L have a nice, bright white but the XM-L2 is my favourite of them all...neutral (just a tad warmish compared to the XM-L) creamy white!

My quick, low quality beam shot with my phone camera (auto white balance, taken 12 feet away)

M2-50 (SST-50)

M2-XML (XM-L)

M2-XML2 (XM-L2)

Frank1967

Enlightened
All 3 generation of Oveready M2 Mini Turboheads have a few things in common...they are all direct driven, extremely bright, beautifully made and have a super clean beams.

I found the beam of my M2-50 to have a nice white if not slightly greenish, the XM-L have a nice, bright white but the XM-L2 is my favourite of them all...neutral (just a tad warmish compared to the XM-L) creamy white!

My quick, low quality beam shot with my phone camera (auto white balance, taken 12 feet away)

M2-50 (SST-50)

M2-XML (XM-L)

M2-XML2 (XM-L2)

Fantastic beamshots! Looks like a real winner to me.

jalal20

Enlightened
guys can someone assist me on this?
I read on the website that the reflector is a 2 inch (50.8mm) reflector so could someone compare it with a makai since the makai has a 38mm reflector so I just wanted to see how they look next to each other :)

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys can someone assist me on this?
I read on the website that the reflector is a 2 inch (50.8mm) reflector so could someone compare it with a makai since the makai has a 38mm reflector so I just wanted to see how they look next to each other :)

That is a typo. We will get it fixed today.
The M2 head is just under 1.5" OD. The Reflector is a deep 27mm.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Is Oveready going to be selling any more of the M2-50 heads? As much as I'd like to, purchasing a whole host plus head is a bit much for my budget.