Modding & other stuff I'm willing to do for free

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thanks: mvyrmnd & shao!

No problem. I actually teach two different kinds of no-spin throw. One is the traditional "push" style. The other is my own technique which can generate tremendous power. Not to brag or anything. Just putting that out there for all the no-spinners who think they've got it figured out. :D

Kcg

Newly Enlightened
You can add me if you want :) Swapping LEDs, driver boards and optics. Soldering. Buying advice for people from Europe. Cutting small heatsinks from the bunch of old computer heatsinks I have.
Hi Erasmus
I'm interested in filming wildlife at night using a Sony camcorder with nightshot. My friend bought a 1watt led torch and swopped the led with a 1watt 850nm led. For our first attempt we have managed to throw a IR beam of light 20-30yds.
I'm looking at making one that's more powerful that will throw a beam 150yds+.
I've ordered some 5watt 850nm led on 20mm star.
I need some advise on what would be the best host torch. With a suitable driver, heatsink.
Hope you or the guys on here can put me on the right path. I'm sick of experimenting and it's costing me. I've little knowledge with electronics. But I know how to swop leds, just need advise on which to swop.
Cheers kcg

pavithra_uk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Modding stuff I'm willing to do for free

Im from Sri Lanka, I can help for following:

Electronics, LED mods, soldering, LED driver design, charger design (li-ion, lead acid only)
Some computer related problem fix (hardware, software (Windows based OS)
And help for household appliance maintenance/repair DIY

Or anything I know , giving to anyone for free..

buildburnrepeat

Newly Enlightened
I'm brand new to flashlights and mods. I only have a mag solitaire right now. I'm capable of most of the modifications I think. but I really could use some help with parts and advice. Much appreciated.

newdeathscope

Newly Enlightened
Live in Atlanta area, skilled with soldering iron, A/V for events (if equipment provided), autodesk programs, basic (and I mean basic) programming in perl, java, c, fixing cell phones, electrical consultation, stat, chemistry, is this safe questions, sugar rocket building, and working with composite materials.

dcphoto

Newly Enlightened
Live near Austin, TX and can machine *simple* heatsinks (lathe only) if you send materials and drawings. Fair warning, I am a self taught amateur machinist using a mini-lathe. I can machine parts, but the finish may not be good as I am still learning.

Can also help with 3D models in Autodesk Inventor. I am still learning so my skill set is small, but growing.

Most importantly, I can fly you around in your own helicopter if you own one and are around Central Texas. :grin2:

Last edited:

/steve/

Newly Enlightened
I'm from Germany, near Dresden.
I can help with stuff like reading schematics, soldering and other electronics and electric stuff.