• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Discussion and Updates

a.lber.to

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for the answers guys! So I take it that the 2sec on-2sec off flashing while on is normal, and that if the light gets too hot, the red LED would flash also when it is in stand-by...

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, what is the latest update of the TL 130 DB Moddoolar bodies? It has been 2 months and still not in stock yet on the OR website.

Just got them out of machining and coating.
Going to get them laser marked here asap and then in stock for you guys.
Thanks for your patience!

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order for Triad Tail w/short clip, DB 35mm/65mm cell tubes, some batteries and misc supplies. My question is when will the H3 L-M-H NW heads in black be back in stock? Either the Nichia 219 or XPG2 NW will be OK for me. Thanks in advance, and I can't wait to complete my Moddoolar H3 light!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance we will see the addition of the XP-L emitters in the triple Moddolars?
It is billed as a drop in size replacement for XP-G, and offers output similar to XM-L2.
Sounds great for these triple heads!

IsaacL

Enlightened
Probably not. A quick search should turn up some threads where a triple XP-L was discussed/attempted. Its not really suited for that kind of application.

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
Just got them out of machining and coating.
Going to get them laser marked here asap and then in stock for you guys.
Thanks for your patience!

Tom, what's the latest update on this? It's almost going on a month and still not in stock. Please forgive me if you guys feel that I'm trying to rush your inventory to being back in stock but I'm not. It just seems to be dragging on with this peticular batch of bodies that something must have gone wrong with the processing.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, what's the latest update on this? It's almost going on a month and still not in stock. Please forgive me if you guys feel that I'm trying to rush your inventory to being back in stock but I'm not. It just seems to be dragging on with this peticular batch of bodies that something must have gone wrong with the processing.
Parts are perfect and still waiting for laser. We had a delay on the black batch but all is well. We have been busy but will get you guys more of what you need soon. Always something new brewing in the lab. Stay tuned!

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
Parts are perfect and still waiting for laser. We had a delay on the black batch but all is well. We have been busy but will get you guys more of what you need soon. Always something new brewing in the lab. Stay tuned!

Thanks again for the latest informational update! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see your newest lab creation.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is interesting that the head doesn't appear at all. If they were just using a new emitter, I think the head would be listed as out of stock. Could be wishful thinking...

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with Triple XP-L LEDs in the usual 20mm format is that no optics exist that fit. The dome of the XP-L is too large to fit in the usual Carclo 20mm triple. So the way I see it:

1) No triple XP-L or

2) Custom optics or

3) De-domed XP-L triple.

I'm not sure the beam pattern would be very nice on option 3. Option 2 would go gangbusters (a lot of people want a 20mm triple optic for the XP-Ls) but would require a pretty hefty up-front investment from OR.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Lux-RC has been using de-domed XP-L's in his but I'd like to see an optic made specifically for that dome.

The problem with Triple XP-L LEDs in the usual 20mm format is that no optics exist that fit. The dome of the XP-L is too large to fit in the usual Carclo 20mm triple. So the way I see it:

1) No triple XP-L or

2) Custom optics or

3) De-domed XP-L triple.

I'm not sure the beam pattern would be very nice on option 3. Option 2 would go gangbusters (a lot of people want a 20mm triple optic for the XP-Ls) but would require a pretty hefty up-front investment from OR.