• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Discussion and Updates

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been paying this thread too much attention in regards to no longer producing the slim bodies. I was checking out the natural slim 50 yesterday and it says...
"Product Code: TL-SL-Tube-NT/LT
This item is temporarily out of stock in the options (size/colour/etc) you have chosen. Please consider choosing different options."

I assumed that meant it would be back in stock again because of the "temporarily out of stock". then I saw this thread. the odd thing is that if you go to the moddoolar pocket flashlight page and go through the options, it looks like you can choose the natural slim 50 as a body. is there a small stash off the natural slim 50 bodies left but are being reserved for the next batch of wasp heads?

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the update, just placed an order for one. now i just got to wait for the wasp heads to get back in stock.

Danny70

Newly Enlightened
Dan, will you be releasing the regular TL50 tubes....the ones printed wrongly with TL65?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Dan, will you be releasing the regular TL50 tubes....the ones printed wrongly with TL65?

Good question. Getting the v5 developed and produced has sucked up all our time and resources. The bodies still exist but are not the point I want them. Rather then stretching it out and hoping it works, I'm considering releasing them as they stand today. Then make more from scratch as we also run out of 35 and 65 in the coming months.

So the question is, would dudes enjoy a custom looking body like this, with an exposed metal trim line?:

TL50.jpg

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Good question. Getting the v5 developed and produced has sucked up all our time and resources. The bodies still exist but are not the point I want them. Rather then stretching it out and hoping it works, I'm considering releasing them as they stand today. Then make more from scratch as we also run out of 35 and 65 in the coming months.

So the question is, would dudes enjoy a custom looking body like this, with an exposed metal trim line?:

TL50.jpg

Why can't the TL65 be sanded off and recoated? Just have no markings at all.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Why can't the TL65 be sanded off and recoated? Just have no markings at all.

That was the plan. But the recoating and recutting process (to expose the bottom lip again) has already taken to much time, would need more months, could interfere with making more from scratch, and may not even work (we've never tried it). The only option for having 50mm bodies this summer is to go as is.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

TL50.jpg

That shouldn't bother me at all, especially at a discounted price. I personally wouldn't call it a custom accent. I can always cover it with Alumahyde or something similar....or o-rings for increased grip.

Had you taken a Dremel and roughly ground off the letters, and covered it in black nail polish, I'd have bought one months ago. :)

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That shouldn't bother me at all, especially at a discounted price. I personally wouldn't call it a custom accent. I can always cover it with Alumahyde or something similar....or o-rings for increased grip.

Yes, one of the benefits of this plan is 1) those who like the design can get it now and 2) those who don't, can wait for new bodies and 3) the sales to group #1 will happen sooner while accelerating production for group #2.

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I am also in support of selling the bodies now. My light is going to get scratched anyway.

Although my TL35 body doesn't show any signs of wear and it has been carried a lot.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I am also in support of selling the bodies now. My light is going to get scratched anyway.

Although my TL35 body doesn't show any signs of wear and it has been carried a lot.

On the way, should be out next weekend, with Insider 57 (no triples).

Has there been any plans on stocking z44 black cryos heads? Would be perfect for some of my moddoolar bodies.

Agreed. We've been pushing for bigger more powerful P60 setups, but interest in dropins is shifting to smaller and lighter. About 2 months.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
i know in the other thread you mentioned issues with delivery from a vendor may push back the original ETA of mid august. is there a new ETA on them?

Not yet. The understocked component arrived this morning and half the boards are already finished. The rest come together tomorrow. That leaves two steps. 1) we are shipping via two separate and simultaneous methods to ensure best possible speed. This will take between a few days and a few weeks. Then 2) its a week to assemble those into finished heads and put them for sale. If lucky, we'll be ready to resume sales on schedule. If the later, we'll get pushed back to late August. I'll have a clearer picture next week.

In either case, I'll be posting to the Wasp thread, days before they will be ready so no one gets caught off guard.

engineeringmatt09

Enlightened
Definitely looking forward to black z44 cryos head in a couple months!!!

Also any updates on black triad tail caps w/ clip Installed?

Thx for all the help :)

tangomongo

Newly Enlightened
Is there an alternative body someone can suggest for the tl65 or db65? It doesn't look these will be back in production for some time. Thanks.

ACardsr

Newly Enlightened
Dan, any chance of TL65 bodies coming up? Would love to be able to use 18650 batts with my Moddoolar light.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Definitely looking forward to black z44 cryos head in a couple months!!!

Also any updates on black triad tail caps w/ clip Installed?
Cryos 44 are ready to ship in both colors

Is there an alternative body someone can suggest for the tl65 or db65? It doesn't look these will be back in production for some time. Thanks.

Dan, any chance of TL65 bodies coming up? Would love to be able to use 18650 batts with my Moddoolar light.

Sorry guys. Only Moddoolar bodies work with Moddoolar heads and Moddoolar are on hold until we clear things up with BOSS. I'll see if we still get this done this year.

ACardsr

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys. Only Moddoolar bodies work with Moddoolar heads and Moddoolar are on hold until we clear things up with BOSS. I'll see if we still get this done this year.

Hi Dan, I know the BOSS is a smashing success (I have 4...) but any news on TL 65 bodies I sure need one for my Wasp.