Montreal GT, 3rd Edition; May/June 2013

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bumping up the thread to let everyone know the list of people interested in a Montreal meet is growing fast! +4 names from Montreal alone and a few people from across the country that have business in the area or near enough. The list has almost doubled! Feel free to tell anyone else on CPF that could attend and let them know they can PM me.

I'm hoping for a next meeting in early May if the weather is good enough. This is just an early radar scan and also a good reason to let the new people on the list express their interest. The more information I have about availabilities the better I can calculate a convenient date for everyone, especially for the long distance travelers, but final calculations and official announcement will definitely be much closer to the actual meeting date.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes! I love that time of the year when the light guru is calling for the disciples!:D Happy new year guys...

Don't have a lot of new lights but I guess I might win the deer spotting contest this year... FF4 !

James, don't forget your shoes... ;)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear! Thanks for the update.

I found 2 more people in Ottawa, I'm hoping they check their PM's and chime in

Sounds like fun. I'm going to be there for the first time.
Name's Alex

Welcome to the group. We're definitely looking forward meeting you and your lights.

Oh yes! I love that time of the year when the light guru is calling for the disciples!:D Happy new year guys...

Don't have a lot of new lights but I guess I might win the deer spotting contest this year... FF4 !

James, don't forget your shoes... ;)

I wouldn't call myself the light Guru, perhaps just a little more addicted with a few more lights :D

I don't have much new myself and I'm definitely starting to get behind on the throw contest, but I do have a small pocket rocket coming in the mail soon!

I had my shoes! They were just too pretty to wear in the mud!

I think he means your work shoes. Princess shoes are not the best for wet fields ;)

I'll try my best to make this one :party:

Would be great to see you at the meet. Iit's been a while...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see what the others think about going barefoot, but there is a small sorta private beach near here... it's a little rocky but nothing that hurts. The tide might be high in May though. I still have a few options, but waiting proper time to make a decision.

Vintage stuff is always welcome. I was thinking we should try to navigate part of a trail with some good ol' vintage lights and then really appreciate our newer ones. We could even try out fire-on-a-stick. I've done it with my cousin and we discovered how bad it must have been to have nothing else for lighting to stand guard at night.