FCW #17 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick FYI -- Last week Stan was camping at the very same spots we will be at. He said everything was great there, but did want to let anyone planning on using a hammock know that there are not many trees for hammocking.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick FYI -- Last week Stan was camping at the very same spots we will be at. He said everything was great there, but did want to let anyone planning on using a hammock know that there are not many trees for hammocking.
So bring SUPER LONG rope :D

Stan671

Enlightened
Worthington State Forest is really easy to get to. It is a NJ state park as part of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Just take the last exit off of Rt 80 west just before going over the Delaware River - Exit 1. At the bottom of the hill of the exit ramp, just make a right turn onto River Rd which becomes Old Mine Road and head north along the NJ side of the river for 2.9 miles. The entrance to the campground in on the left. Check in at the office for any site 52-58 (under the name of Stanley Dobrowski) and get a parking pass. After the office, head to the right (north) with the river to your left along the narrow bumpy road all the way to the end for our six campsites between the road and the river on the left. And questions or difficulties, my cell is 201-954-2537.

Stan671

Enlightened
Sorry to the hammockers, but there is no way for you guys to be able to hang yourselves. The trees are surrounded by heavy thick brush between the grassy area and the river's edge. Really no way to connect up to those trees. Sorry.

Stan671

Enlightened
2021-08-16.png

Attachments

• FCW 2021 Roadmap to Worthington.png
    FCW 2021 Roadmap to Worthington.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
Here is a picture of the campground area where our sites are. The Delaware River is behind the tree line.

FCW 2021 Worthington Sites Picture.jpg

Attachments

• FCW 2021 Worthington Sites Picture.jpg
    FCW 2021 Worthington Sites Picture.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 137

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Place looks very nice Stan. Thanks for all the info, look forward to seeing everyone there.

Stan671

Enlightened
All cars need to have a parking pass, so you should stop at the office to check into one of the 7 campsites (52-58). If you arrive after the office closes, then you can go back to the office in the morning to check in.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan - Thanks for posting that info.
And as a reminder to everyone...
The sites we have are: 52-55 for three nights so we don't need to leave so early on Sunday. And sites 56-58 for just 2 nights.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How am I supposed to test out my weapon light in NJ??? I guess I can mount it on a stick or one of Stan's tent poles....

Not sure if I can make it anyways. I'm just coming back from a vacation on Sept 26th. My wife might change the locks on the house if I go away the following weekend. I'll see what I can do to maybe spend a night. I haven't been on the forum in a LONG time.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I've camped ON the snow in a floorless canvas tent, in the rain, and with heat and humidity and NJ mosquitos. I have become a fair weather camper. I'd like to come, but time will tell.
Thanks for putting this together. :)

Stan671

Enlightened
Let's start posting if you are going to be able to attend so we can get a head count.

My crowd is:
Stan (me), Pete, Paula, Betsy, Jason, Gabi (and her dog Mason).

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone!

Like Stan said, please post if you are planning on coming, so we can get a head count.

My plans are to arrive late Thursday night, and depart mid day on Monday. My wife will be joining me for part of the time.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool News:

I reached out to Dorcy and Life+Gear, and they sent me some new lights to review, as well as a cool Bug-Out Survival Bag. I really like some of the new lights they are offering, and I'll be bringing them and the Survival Bag for everyone to check out. In the meantime, you can check everything out at dorcy.com and lifegear.com

carrot

Flashaholic
I think that on my behalf we are going to be 6 or 7: myself, my so, dad, Allan, and his daughter/granddaughter