FCW #19 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 13th-15th 2023 Stokes State Forest.

Stan671

Enlightened
Important highlight of the weekend will be a partial (about 25%) solar eclipse on Saturday Oct 14th from about noon to 3pm.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool!
I have always appreciated and followed carrot since the 5mm LED challenge via CPF V.1!
Still planning the trip, meet, and greet :)
GL
PS. The only one I'm bringing of interest will be the DEFT Enthusiast V.3 from Michael, SAABLUSTER :).
I might sneak in there a 4Sevens S18.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool!
I have always appreciated and followed carrot since the 5mm LED challenge via CPF V.1!
Still planning the trip, meet, and greet :)
GL
PS. The only one I'm bringing of interest will be the DEFT Enthusiast V.3 from Michael, SAABLUSTER :).
I might sneak in there a 4Sevens S18.
Glad to hear you are planning on coming. :) And I'm sure any lights you bring will be of interest. We are Flashaholics! :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to remind everyone that as long as the weather is good on Thursday October 12th, we plan on extending the event by starting one day earlier. So anyone who wants to extend and add Thursday, just keep an eye out on the weather, and I will also post here in the thread to confirm this is happening.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our fearless leader, back in the day... Stokes 2011?

Attachments

• IMG_2255.JPG
    IMG_2255.JPG
    758.7 KB · Views: 74

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL - I can almost remember that younger version of me! ...and I can only imagine what I was saying about that corn! LOL

Dewy

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning on going! I'll probably be there for two nights and leave in the morning on Sunday. Now I just need to buy a case to transport my lights.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning on going! I'll probably be there for two nights and leave in the morning on Sunday. Now I just need to buy a case to transport my lights.
Excellent - looking forward to seeing you there!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
**** CANCELED!!! **** Sorry everyone, but due to the weather (excessive rain), we are canceling this event (actually postponing it until the spring). Stay tuned, and we will announce the new date in the spring.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
Due to the excessive rain in the forecast, we have decided to cancel/postpone the FCW scheduled for this weekend (October 13-15). I have a two options to reschedule this event, and I'm asking for your opinion:

1. May 9th-12th. Average temps are 69-day/47-night. Nice and cool for camp fire, but too cool at night? Less bugs.

2. June 6th-9th. Average temps are 77-day/55-night. Possibly a little warm during the day and into the evening especially around the campfire? Also possibility of more bugs with warmer temps.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks --Tim

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad, but not as sad as sitting in the cold rain all Saturday watching a wet campfire, Spring GTG it is

Dewy

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that it is canceled since I was really excited to meet everyone for my first flashlight meetup. I have my stuff packed so if anyone changes their mind I'll still be ready to go, and I'm okay with the chance of rain on Saturday night. It would be great if the weather clears up in the next few days! But for the spring my first choice would be May, since I'd rather wear a light hoodie than deal with bugs in June, and I'd buy myself a light as an early birthday gift. :)