FCW #19 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 13th-15th 2023 Stokes State Forest.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FCW #19 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 13th-15th 2023 at Stokes State Forest.

For the past few years we have been combining the FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) and the FSM (Flashaholics Swap Meet) as well as a general GT (Get Together). It is time to shorten the name... FCW/SM/GT#19 is just too long! LOL Since the event is based around a camping weekend, I've decided to keep the original FCW name. And of course the #19 represents that this is the 19th such event. However, just to be clear, this isn't just for overnight campers - all are welcome. Read on...

FCW19 Is a 3 day/2night camping trip / swap meet to buy-sell-swap: Lights; Knives; Camping Gear; and other cool stuff like RC vehicles, Solar related projects, or anything you collect and want to "show & tell". FCW19 is also a general get together where people can come for the day, stay the night, or just join us for however long they can, and enjoy the company of other like minded individuals who share the same interests.

New location! This year we will be at Group Site Z in Stokes State Forest. There are plenty of tent sites - and of course there is plenty of room for anyone who just wants to come up for the day... and stay into the evening.

No matter what location we pick it will be a long ride for someone to get to, and no matter what date we pick it will be good/bad for someone. So I apologize for any inconveniences, and I hope that everyone can make the time to make the journey, and join us for what is sure to be a great time.

I'll try to reach out to the usual "regulars" that have participated in previous FCWs, PFs, and FSMs - but PLEASE HELP OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD about FCW19. These get together threads seem to be missed quite often. Anyone who isn't a jerk is welcome to come.

A quick word about being "jerky" If you want to get drunk and stay up all night disturbing other campers by being loud and obnoxious, and leave beer bottles all over the campsite, please don't come. If you want to stay up all night trying not to disturb other campers with super bright flashlights, please do come. :)

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink for yourself, or for others. Firewood for the campfire is always appreciated.

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

If you are planning on attending please let me know.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Mean 2023?
Hard to be sure.
I have frequented my Usual Suspect Network Brothers/Sisters previously for NJ GTG's.
It is a long 7 hour drive one way, but has been outstandingly worth it to meet members in person.
Looking forward to updates, I would like to attend, and meet everyone in person.
GL

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
Count me in for the whole deal.

This Stokes group site Z is also called Lake Ashroe. It is a very large grassy field with a covered (and electrified) gazebo-type thing and another building with real flush toilets and showers. There are several picnic tables scattered around, charcoal grills, and a giant fire ring for the group campfire. Parking is right at the site, but not in the grassy field. And I believe there is a spot for parking campers right nearby.

The entrance to this site is not at the regular Stokes entrance (on the right side traveling north), but a little further north and on the left: Drive north on Rt 206, turn left on to Struble Rd. Look for parking lot on left after 1/2 mile; that is the outer parking lot for day visitors. Drive down the dirt road to the inner parking lot next to our campsite.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in for the whole deal.

This Stokes group site Z is also called Lake Ashroe. It is a very large grassy field with a covered (and electrified) gazebo-type thing and another building with real flush toilets and showers. There are several picnic tables scattered around, charcoal grills, and a giant fire ring for the group campfire. Parking is right at the site, but not in the grassy field. And I believe there is a spot for parking campers right nearby.

The entrance to this site is not at the regular Stokes entrance (on the right side traveling north), but a little further north and on the left: Drive north on Rt 206, turn left on to Struble Rd. Look for parking lot on left after 1/2 mile; that is the outer parking lot for day visitors. Drive down the dirt road to the inner parking lot next to our campsite.
Thank You for your detailed knowledge of the site. I may have had a hard time finding it not knowing the area.
GL

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - for anyone who likes to use a hammock, there are many options at this site for finding a nice spot for your hammock.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm camping earlier that week at home! Will try to come Friday to Saturday. Not definite, but odds are I'll make it . Can't miss Stan's latest. I've got an Electric bike I might bring for test rides.

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
2023-04-17 (1).png