Newly Enlightened
Princess Bride (Inconceivable!)
Despicable Me (1 & 2)
Shoot 'Em Up (Ya know what I hate?)
Machete (1 & 2)
Desperado
Finding Nemo
Archer (all seasons)

I think I have seen The Princess Bride a thousand times. I think I known every last word of that movie.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Oh my, is it possible that it was not yet mentioned?

The Godfather I ("Leave the gun, take the canoli")

The Godfather II ("I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart")

Also very often in my player:
- Wag The Dog ("Do your job right and nobody should notice. But when you f*** it up, everything gets full of s**t.
- Charlie Wilson's War ("This meeting it going to be run professional" - "Oh absolutely. We're going to be talking to the Deputy Defense Minister while his boss gets a belly dance from a friend of Charlie")
- Groundhog Day ("Okay campers! Rise and shine and don't forget your booties because it's cooooooold out there today." - "It's cold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?")

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
The Godfather
Gladiator
Se7en
The Lake House
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Ironman

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Also very often in my player:
- Wag The Dog ("Do your job right and nobody should notice. But when you f*** it up, everything gets full of s**t.

- Groundhog Day ("Okay campers! Rise and shine and don't forget your booties because it's cooooooold out there today." - "It's cold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?")

+1 on both of these!

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Commedies;
Kingpin & Airplane

War;
Patton & A Bridge Too Far

Westerns;
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly & Unforgiven

Action/Sci-Fi
To Live and Die in LA (probably the only car chase scene I like) & Escape From NY & Blade Runner

rfe959

Newly Enlightened
Many of the other choices posted but I'll add a few of my personal favorites;

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002), from being imprisoned through the end.
Corvette Summer (1978)
Condorman (1981) from Disney

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Ladyhawke
The Beastmaster
The Great Escape
Willow
Lord of the Rings Extended versions
Kelly's Heroes
Cutthroat Island
The Fifth Element
Ben Hur
The Count of Monte Cristo
Die Hard
The Court Jester

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Star Wars - when I heard production was on for number 7 I re-watched 1 through 6 in sequence again over the period of a week.

We are brothers from another mother...if you would have said 4, 5, 6 only. Episodes 1-3 were a big let down. I refuse to believe any of that is the truth behind the mask. The Clone Wars Series (1-6) cartoons did a much better job of plausibly framing the story of HOW the best becomes the worst, while still retaining a heart of good. The last three, which Lukas did himself are best reviewed by RedLetterMedia here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

This is shockingly hilarious, even with some of the more morbid jokes made by the reviewer, who pretends to be a psycho-killer guy who also like StarWars. It is amazing. You won't stop laughing for at least a half hour.

I can really chew on an Indiana Jones movies as well, with the reservation that Temple of Doom was not the best of them, nor have I even seen four.

obi

Last edited:

MartinC

Newly Enlightened
Must be honest I don't watch movies over and over but there are a lot on the lists here which brought back some memories.

Funny someone mentions "glaring story problem" - ALL movies have glaring story problems. You either suspend your sense of disbelief for your own enjoyment or you don't.

Regards, Martin.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Must be honest I don't watch movies over and over but there are a lot on the lists here which brought back some memories.

Funny someone mentions "glaring story problem" - ALL movies have glaring story problems. You either suspend your sense of disbelief for your own enjoyment or you don't.

Regards, Martin.
I have movies that the story is pretty cookie cutter but the dialog and action and actors make it a fun movie to watch and I've seen movies with great actors and action but the story and execution just didn't make it worth watching again. It is rare to find a story that doesn't have problems in it but the one problem I think that happens is when the feel of the movie focuses hard on a story that has the "glaring story problem" that detracts from the movie. If the story itself it forefront and the acting and characters are tagging along for the ride so to speak then a bad or poorly executed story can make a movie a clunker. If the movie focuses well on the characters and interaction/development of them and also has interesting action to entertain then a flawed story can be somewhat ignored for the fun involved watching what happens next. A lot of sci-fi movies end up based on ideas that the logic is wrong but you can ignore that and enjoy it anyway.