Movies you watch again and again?

MartinC

Newly Enlightened
I have movies that the story is pretty cookie cutter but the dialog and action and actors make it a fun movie to watch and I've seen movies with great actors and action but the story and execution just didn't make it worth watching again. It is rare to find a story that doesn't have problems in it but the one problem I think that happens is when the feel of the movie focuses hard on a story that has the "glaring story problem" that detracts from the movie. If the story itself it forefront and the acting and characters are tagging along for the ride so to speak then a bad or poorly executed story can make a movie a clunker. If the movie focuses well on the characters and interaction/development of them and also has interesting action to entertain then a flawed story can be somewhat ignored for the fun involved watching what happens next. A lot of sci-fi movies end up based on ideas that the logic is wrong but you can ignore that and enjoy it anyway.

Hey Lynx, you're spot on and I couldn't have said it better.

Regards, Martin.

LGT

Enlightened
Forgot about The Professional with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. Just watched it the other night for about the tenth time. Gary Oldman was also great in that movie.

bltkmt

Enlightened
Forgot about The Professional with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. Just watched it the other night for about the tenth time. Gary Oldman was also great in that movie.

Yes! Love that movie and have seen it lots.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy maybe 30 times. I have totally lost count. I could watch it again now.

Star Wars, many times.

The two newest Star Trek movies several times. Even the music is awesome.

And I've been married for 22 years, so its possible to be a LOTR geek and a love machine too. Real chicks peel down when they see your Star Wars collectable figurines.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy maybe 30 times. I have totally lost count. I could watch it again now.

Star Wars, many times.

The two newest Star Trek movies several times. Even the music is awesome.

And I've been married for 22 years, so its possible to be a LOTR geek and a love machine too. Real chicks peel down when they see your Star Wars collectable figurines.
Lol

sadtimes

Enlightened
Oh i forgot about that one. Stupid sands always get in my eyes right before he press the button. Making it them all watery.

I thought I was the only one with a sandstorm in the living room during this movie... glad to know Im not alone.. HAHA

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
Anything Disney,
The Bee Movie,
The Other Boleyn Girl

and there's probably a few more of which I can't think of right now lol

Frijid

Enlightened
Mars attacks
any of the old godzillla movies
They Live
THX 1138
The invisible man
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Animal farm
Soldier
Soylent green (when i'm in the mood. Sometimes Heston's character annoys me in the movie, other times not. the book is better though)
13 ghost (the original)

just to name a few

Last edited: