• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MX25L4Cvn - New Pop Can Star

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a marvelous light. I was just using mine last night, walking about the neighborhood. Perfect balance of throw & spill, blended together with no harsh edges.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, indeed, it is. The MX25L4CvnT DriverVNX2 XP-L pdt has a nice beam profile to weight ratio, and the flashlight is a great looker; nice size.

Email Vinh and ask him. :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want one too. After playing with my eagtac mx25l2c vn triple xpl PDT, I like it even more...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want one too. After playing with my eagtac mx25l2c vn triple xpl PDT, I like it even more...
I got my MX25L4CvnT XP-L. I really like it a lot. The multiple non-overlapping emitters provide for nice beam profile; nice mix of good throw and some useful spill. I love the Eagletac looks and feel, and the business end of this light is a great looker.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my MX25L4CvnT XP-L. I really like it a lot. The multiple non-overlapping emitters provide for nice beam profile; nice mix of good throw and some useful spill. I love the Eagletac looks and feel, and the business end of this light is a great looker.

Hey Rich, dont sell it.. I got that light In xhp50.. I rather get the xpl PDT version.. now vinh can't find those light... This light is little bigger than 6xlvn, but 5000 lumen and 200k lux.. that's crazy number for $300..

By the way, can you describe the tint on that light? Thanks

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
First impressions: MX25L4CvnT Spec 2: DriverVNX2, XPL PDT, Thrower, ANSI Lumen 5000, Lux 185K, Throw 860m.

First things: Physical stats: Same head diameter as pop can light: 2.5 inches/63.5 mm.

Weight is also in the pop can weight range: 408 grams without batteries, 552 grams/1.22 pounds with batteries.

Body diameter is also same as for most all 4 x 18650 pop can lights.

Length is longer, 5.6 inches/143 mm, but for good reason: This light throws where no usual pop can flooder has thrown before.

Basically, it is like taking the original stock Niwalker MM15 MT-G2 and keeping the head diameter, the body diameter and lumens the same, but increasing the weigh a little bit, and increasing the length some more, and the net result is the same amount of lumens are thrown in a not too narrow beam, instead of maximally widely dispersed, with very little throw.

Tint: The XP-L PDT emitters, in this light, put forth a very, very nice tint. No green whatsoever, no yellow whatsoever, no blue whatsoever. To me, it is a nice neutral, just a wee little bit on the warm side. Warm white is how I could describe it.

Beam pattern: What a nice way of putting forth 5,000 lumens in such a way that usable throw occurs, along with usable beam diameter. For the head diameter of the light, and also for the not excessive weight of the light, this light puts 5,000 lumens out there as far as they will go. Any further throw will need a larger head diameter, as well as the much heavier weight that goes along with large head diameter lights.

Driver: VNX2 in the default mode, out of the box, means that all is last mode memorized. The mode you were in when you turned it off = the mode it will be in when you turn it on. Press and hold results in ramping up through the power levels. Double click yields turbo. VNX2 also means that the Eagletac pin/twist deal is entirely bypassed.

Build quality is very nice, as usual for Eagletac. This item is in Kit form, replete with rigid holster and stainless steel bezel. The SS bezel, along with the four non-overlapping aluminum reflectors provide an attractive appearance. The ridged holster provides a secure feeling when in use: you won't feel like the light is flopping around/going to fall out.

If you are looking for usable throw with usable power with usable beam width with very nice tint, in a package that is not heavier nor wider than a pop can flooder, look no further!

I have to read this review again. Thanks rich,

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome. I have never sold any of the lights that I have purchased. I still have the original stock MMU-X3 and the original stock MM15 and the original stock SX25L3 MT-GT; they are much beloved legacy items.

Tint is subjective, based on my mindset. Sometimes, my mindset varies. Sometimes, this light appears to have a hint of green, but that is with my crazy eyes and with my crazy occipital lobe and with my crazy left ventro-dorsal medial geniculate nucleus.