My fathers flashlight collection - HELP!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah, I was like "Pete, he's that Malkoff junkie, never knew he was a SureFire guy" but figured maybe that was a former life... life of a SureFire fan before Gene Malkoff had a store.

cobby22

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately my dad passed away last week. It's been a tough time but kind of relieved he is now at rest and no longer in pain. He was diagnosing with pancreatic cancer in April and it was pretty relentless.

I'm planning on going through his torch collection in more detail in a few weeks time and then hopefully meeting up with Peter in the near future. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for all your support.

David

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that he is not suffering any more. You and your family are in my prayers.

Richard

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, this is amazing. I'm totally bowled over by everyone's help and advice. I'm so sorry that I can't reply to all the posts, as you can imagine I'm spending every minute of the day with my father at the hospice, so spare time is limited at the moment.

Peter, I can't thank you enough for the work you've done to help me out. I'm just outside Cambridge so I'm more than willing to meet up one day to go through the collection in more detail. Of course I wouldn't expect you to come to me, I need an excuse to visit beautiful Norfolk anyway!

After reading some of the comments the more I think what a shame it would be to sell all the torches. These were my dad's passion and I dread to think how devastated he would be if he knew. I know I would regret it in years to come. I need to think about this more and see if we can raise funds another way.

Whatever I decide, the ID process that Peter has set up is invaluable if I decide to sell or not, so thank you all for your contribution.

David

Your father has a wonderful collection. It would really be a shame to be rid of them. Some of those lights can no longer be found. If you must get rid of some, make sure to keep the ones you know he treasured the most. (You can tell because they are most likely in the most immaculate condition, coz that's what I would do for the lights I love the most.)

I am sorry to hear about your father's passing. We will include him in our prayers. God Bless.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm very sorry to hear of your dad's passing as well, cobby. Let us know how we can continue to be of assistance, and please know that you are certainly welcome to hang out here with us anytime you need to get your mind off things or want to connect with dad's hobby a bit. :grouphug: