My Mini Grip arrived

nbp

Flashaholic
Uggh that is terrible. Sorry to hear that. :( Glad you were able to keep a couple favorites at least. Did this Mini Grip replace the Inkosi in your pocket?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
WANT. :hitit:

I don't see those scales as an option on Benchmade's site. I own two Griptilians that aren't made anymore; the mIni isn't bad, but my full-size flat-ground 550 has those hollow, plasticky-feeling scales, I'd ♥ to replace them with something more substantial!

There is an American in Germany (Wilkins Knives Germany) that does G10, aluminum & titanium scales for Griptilians. I went a little nuts. If someone wants to buy (cheap) a set of stock orange grips - mini or full size shoot me a PM. $16 mailed in the US priority - just noticed yesterday that priority rates appear to have jumped up in price.

nbp

Flashaholic
Might be best to take that to PM rather than post it here buddy, you know we don't sell items in discussion threads.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I have my SnG in my pocket. THAT bumped out the Inkosi. I am not selling anything, I promise!!

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a Mini Grip today as I've been looking for a good, basic everyday carry knife, and after reading every review and watching every YouTube video I could find, settled on the Mini Griptilian as "the one to get" (the Spyderco Delica 4 was the other one I was seriously considering). It's just a standard black Mini Grip with drop-point blade, thumb-studs and 154CM steel, but it's a great little knife. I considered the blue scales which I really like the look of but decided that the black would be less conspicuous.

The Axis lock is a marvel of engineering, though I'm somewhat concerned about the Omega springs breaking since I've read it happens, but I get the impression that this is somewhat rare and most often caused by excessive wear from "flicking" the knife overly-hard while opening or closing (most folding knives aren't made to be flicked open with force). And I've read nothing but glowing praise for Benchmade's lifetime warranty and customer service which gives me peace of mind. (Or if you're really industrious and don't mind voiding the warranty, it's apparently possible to make your own replacement springs out of piano wire or guitar strings and install them yourself.)

I do like the look of the deep-carry clip, and I've read that Benchmade will send you one for free if you ask.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, how do you like the sheep's foot blade? I've got this knife on my wishlist! Just waiting for a sale before pulling the trigger.

kelmo

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, how do you like the sheep's foot blade? I've got this knife on my wishlist! Just waiting for a sale before pulling the trigger.

kelmo

​I like it a lot! It is a great knife.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Outstanding! I love my Griptilian! I may have to get it a sibling in CPM-20CV. I didn't realize they put that out. Kewl blade!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My back ordered blade just shipped! I can't wait for Wednesday. I got the same blade as you TKC!!!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My back ordered blade just shipped! I can't wait for Wednesday. I got the same blade as you TKC!!!

:grin2:Congrats!! I hope you love it!! I look forward to hearing what you think of it!!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Mini Grip today! First thing I did was tighten up the blade hinge (I like the action to be stiff) and put screws in the three open holes for the pocket clip mount on the opposite side of the clipped side. The screws provide extra grip when pulling it out you your pocket. This is a beautiful knife. The cross posts that hold the knife together have a metallic sheen that pictures don't bring out. It is very compact. When I got a stock Mini Grip I was underwhelmed at first. But then the knife grew on me. So much so that I paid almost double to get one with up graded materials. My enhanced Mini Grip and enhanced Mini Barrage will take their turns for my EDC purposes.

This knife reminds me of my first high end knife I owned and carried. I was camping and found an all metal Syderco with a thumb hole back in the 90's. It got stolen when my truck got broken into. I had that knife for about 20 years!

kelmo

Last edited:

Latest posts