Name your grail have/want

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Thank all of you for your input as a relatively new (just over a year in) member I'm very happy to have started a thread that has grabbed some attention and piqued some interest!

ven

Flashaholic
Tough call, i have quite a few fav lights, other than gifts(always super special to me), i have a few
x40vn which is pretty much a one off

These haiku tana triple 219b

Surefire wise, my c2 from precisionwoks , bored and 2 trits installed, z32 cryos, triad tail is one of my favs(do like them all a lot though!)

I have more, especially the gifts over the years which mean more to me than any i have bought.

As for "grails", again tough call, maybe a BOSS one day or a twisted trident(hanko) which would be enjoyed and complement my little collection. I do try and use all of them, maybe some with more care than others(i have specific beater lights as I dont see the point in beating up an expensive light..........i know crazy and why have it!). So used they get, just not dragged across a floor or in hand when climbing metal ladders:duck:..........the thought :laughing:

Trouble for me, i would have to save up.................i have kids with grail toy needs , nothing more too add :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No pictures?

IMG_20170906_204206.jpg

Here's the 1912 Franco

IMG_20170913_163449.jpg

Compared to other stuff

IMG_20171006_145950.jpg

The cerecoated FL2

IMG_20161216_131848.jpg

A couple of old beauty Francos

IMG_20161214_183334.jpg

The Soldier Boys

IMG_20170416_093426.jpg

The prototypes PRX #0000 and PRX #85

IMG_20170516_212057.jpg

An ARC flashlights polo shirt

IMG_20170529_210234.jpg

The prototype to the PK Paladin

IMG_20170730_015211.jpg

Lights from Don Kellers personal collection
2nd from left is one of eleven 1st gen with 2nd gen medium head lights he built summer 017. Far right, that 2C came with a protype LED module that never went into production (#13 of 14)

IMG_20170802_163426.jpg

Prototype Brinkmann Legend.
6 were produced for Snap On to try. They said "no thanks". Note it has hi/lo switch and on/off switch

That's it for now.

Last edited:

Johnnyh

Enlightened
This doesn't exist but I would like a skinny (mini?) single AA/14500 powered, stainless steel HDS Rotary running a Nichia 219C 9080 4500k sporting a triad-type tail cap.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Tough call, i have quite a few fav lights, other than gifts(always super special to me), i have a few
x40vn which is pretty much a one off

These haiku tana triple 219b

Surefire wise, my c2 from precisionwoks , bored and 2 trits installed, z32 cryos, triad tail is one of my favs(do like them all a lot though!)

I have more, especially the gifts over the years which mean more to me than any i have bought.

As for "grails", again tough call, maybe a BOSS one day or a twisted trident(hanko) which would be enjoyed and complement my little collection. I do try and use all of them, maybe some with more care than others(i have specific beater lights as I dont see the point in beating up an expensive light..........i know crazy and why have it!). So used they get, just not dragged across a floor or in hand when climbing metal ladders:duck:..........the thought :laughing:

Trouble for me, i would have to save up.................i have kids with grail toy needs , nothing more too add :laughing:

Wow, that is one awesome threesome!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ok, you asked me about grails....

Although I have a fair number of rare flashlights of one sort or another, I'll highlight the Spyglass, as one of the most meaningful to me here.

HDhT2IH.jpg

XVKEiW8.jpg

I think this represents an incredible effort by a CPF'r to create ( and document ! ) a scratch-made custom torch.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/373167

I am fortunate to count @calipsoii as a forum friend, and was able to request certain features built to my personal specifications.

In particular, the emitter choices, and reflector selection were custom tailored to my requirements.

I really enjoy flashlights with a secondary deep red emitter, and this one includes a 3mm LED with spectral peak at 660nm.

The main output is provided by Osram Oslon SSL150, from a 3500K / 90+ CRI bin, installed behind a rather deep and narrow SMO reflector.

DddilRy.jpg

- - - - -

So what may be out there that I would consider an unattainable (or very nearly so) grail ?

Well, let's start with some rare coated titanium torches, such as the (1/1, I believe) AuRa TiN ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...we-have-here&p=3087408&viewfull=1#post3087408

... and the (1/1) TiN Cool Fall 007 ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-your-lights&p=4891045&viewfull=1#post4891045

Next, let's consider something a little bit smaller ... the Hanko Timascus GG LF2XT

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ibute-thread&p=4388226&viewfull=1#post4388226

And something just a bit bigger ... the Mac Titanium Mega HID

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-MAC-Daddy-of-them-All-Largest-Titanium-light

But for the truly ultimate, ne plus ultra, grail-of-grails ... it could be none other than the WLL (Tungsten Larry Light) ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...y-Light-quot&p=1151095&viewfull=1#post1151095

Last edited:

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Wow archimedes I just spent 30 min reading the thread about Larry lights that is the rarest of the rare huh? Thank you for bringing that to my attention I didn't know anything about them

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been wanting to get a mcgizmo haiku 1xAA with a nichia 219v. Grail light status. My current one is my TnC 18350 quad dragon, which really lives up to its name in power "Dragon"

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current best light is the Acebeam X65vn. I became super excited as soon as its specs were released months before the light itself was released. I ordered one as soon as it appeared to be available, and I got a second one, because it is so awesome. This light has the beam performance that I always wanted from other lights that just can not do what this can do.

My dream light is similar to the Acebeam X65, but with both some more power and some more throw. There are lights that put out a lot more light much closer in, and there are lights that put out a very very narrow beam further out. I am looking for the most light about 400 meters/400 yards/quarter mile. So far, the X65 is the bees knees for this.

robosaur

Newly Enlightened
Best is either zebralight sc600w mk3 hi or noctigon m43 meteor.

Grail is a Tim Miklos custom, I'm not too picky.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not as exotic as your Titanium or Mokume Gane lights, but I still lust after a Moddoolar Pocket Triple.
OR Triple.jpg

Nearly got one on the Marketplace earlier this year, but it was Conus only. By the time I'd organised someone to post it on to me from the States it was gone.
I live in hope.
P

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Peter vetman

If there's 1 thing I've learned for certain after being a member for a year is that everyone has there own likes and dislikes when it comes to flashlights be it tint, material, use

I myself was drawn to CPF after seeing a pic of a hanko Sunwayman full of trits for the first time.

So you saying the moddular is your grail is completely understandable to each their own we are all here because we love lights we don't have to love the same ones

Thank you for your input I'm very happy so many people have contributed to this thread.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC63 with a Nichia 5000K (4500K would be fine). Got close with the SC64c, but not close enough I'm afraid.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've handled a lot of custom makers lights, but nothing has come close to the surface finish on this polished Mac damascus. Smooth as can be. Feels like jewelry. Paired with a 5 mode engine, the only think that would make it better would have been an 18650 version of it...
88c7f4593fc3c0b108ba4c431ae80bd0.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Wow. A truly great Mac.

Not a Mac but a similar body style in a 18350, and the mokume and trits are nice, not to mention the triple emitter in this Sinner Opus:

http://imgbox.com/QBwa4jN6

Last edited: