Name your grail have/want

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_20171020_165500.jpg

This pic is dedicated to Rat.
PK lights rarer than an honest politician are right up his alley.

You SOAB :D lol. Great score never seen or heard of anybody ever scoring one of these lights.
How did you get hold of the FoxFury PK1 have you also got the PK2 ? They never made it to production right ? I tried everybody even contacted Foxfury and hit dead ends could never find one.
For others here is a post I started in 2013 when they first showed up in the 2013 shot show. Make sure you have download the add-on so you can see the Photobucket images http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?353052-New-Collection-starts-soon

Got dibs
:thumbsup:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You SOAB :D lol. Great score never seen or heard of anybody ever scoring one of these lights.
How did you get hold of the FoxFury PK1 have you also got the PK2 ? They never made it to production right ? I tried everybody even contacted Foxfury and hit dead ends could never find one.

Got dibs
:thumbsup:

PK told me that some were produced but he couldn't say for certain how many.

The one in the photo was PK's who is a very generous person. He sent it to me as a thank you for believing in his newest ideas early on when everybody else was popping off critisism after critisism over the dumbest little things.

It was if the market was asking him to not be PK, but some kinda copycat instead. And anybody who has followed him any length of time knows he don't do 'ordinary' nor does he follow conventional wisdom.

wizardg

Newly Enlightened
Not sure what my grail light would be. My favorite light is still my Elektrolumens Tri-Star Phazer. I have brighter lights but that one still....just feels good in the hand.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A few pix of the elusive PK-1

IMG_20171022_111525.jpg

Lego time!!

IMG_20171022_111601.jpg

Lego action with tools...
I did not open it to see what can be done when removing that unique bezel, but knowing of that fertile mind of PK it may be capable of all kinds of cool stuff. IR perhaps?

IMG_20171022_111702.jpg

The business end.
4 blue LED's dot the corners.

IMG_20171022_112327.jpg

Posing for a picture.

With the first click you get 4 blue LED's, which combined make this a very stealthy light in use with enough output to read a map, find a blood trail or navigate a foot path in darkness. Second click makes the cool white LED light up (while blue LED's remain lit. Next click is off. Each change can be done via momentary or a quick click with a easy to push, yet firm and nearly silent button. One of the corners of the tailcap has a hole for a wrist lanyard. If I had to guess I'd say about 250 lumens from the white LED that borders on the very edge of neutral... perhaps 6000-6200k

IMG_20171022_114611.jpg

Very unconventional at its core, and light years ahead in appearance, yet timeless form and features exist throughout from nickel plated contacts to gold plated springs at both ends.

This was the first flashlight from the former head of engineering at SureFire and launched PK DesignLab. We got to see PK's artistry in the FL2LE in a general sense, but he was behind the scenes designing lights like the PK-1 before we saw the FL2.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the pleasure of meeting PK at the 2007 SHOT CPF party.

Such a positive, motivated and generous man...a true inspiration. :thumbsup:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had the pleasure of meeting PK at the 2007 SHOT CPF party.

Such a positive, motivated and generous man...a true inspiration. :thumbsup:

He still is, just behind the scenes for the most part.
PK Design Lab ended up as more of a hobby than a livliehood, as his consultant company takes up most of his time anymore.
He can be spotted at various airports throughout the far east on occasion.

ven

Flashaholic
WOW mr fixer, there are cool lights.............then there are PK lights. Just another level in design, brave and daring in comparison to most(all). Yet more innovative by far, all with specific applications in mind. Tools of art for sure.........................plus PK is simply an awesome all round guy. If a light ever had an occasion when the switch is pressed, its certainly a PK light.

Thanks for sharing:D

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK lights are definitely something special ! Stylistically some of the best looking lights available all the way from the Rogue models at the low end to the Fox Fury at the top end. Even if PKs lights don't fit your wants/needs you have to admire the style and innovation!

E=DC

Newly Enlightened

Wow, so beautiful. I am in awe actually.

I have been collecting knives for a while and just got into flashlights. I was unaware about the custom Ti machinery going on around here. Specifically with the Cool Spy, my grail...Easily the coolest torch I've ever seen. I'm so jealous ha. I'm gonna get a 007 torch but my wife may divorce me if she finds out how much they are. How much would it be, (ballpark) to get some trit inserts cut into one, anyone know?
Thanks. Super nice and friendly forum you guys got here👍

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
I'd really like to get my hands on a Surefire R1 Lawman. I haven't seen anyone that retails them in Australia and I know it would probably cost $600+ but it just looks like such a good piece of hardware.