Nano light is good..but it needs to go, need another small keychain light.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Ya know... I looked again, its not the hot spot but the outer part of the beam. And I took some pictures up against a wall but you cant tell.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
This is the second one...the first one was the same way. Today I called OLIGHT talked to this nice girl, told her about whats going on...l she look at one and said it was round. Asked me for my address and told me shes sending one out to me. I thought that was real nice of her.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I just got a preon po-ss and man this is a nice keychain light. Just what I needed. Not satisfied at all with
the olight I3s at all, it looks like crap the flood light looks like a marshmallow on its side. Must have got a bad one.....3 times! Dont know why the preon wasn't recommend.

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in getting a P0, as well. Can you tell me your impressions of it?

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
No hot spot at all...its a flood light, just tried it out in my living room and damn its big for such a lil light. Even on the low setting.It's nice and small, very light ( 0.84oz) not much bigger then the aaa battery it uses.
If you're looking for a small flood light get this.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guilty as charged. The Preon PO, now called the Atom AO, is very small, light-weight and very floody. Simple 2-mode twisty UI. The brushed SS body is thin and relatively light. It is a pure flood light with no throw. The GITD "reflector" is a nice touch. If you don't like the magnet in the tail, I've heard you can use a lighter - heat it up and it will lose the magnetic property. A bit of a specialized light because of the pure flood. Sorry you had a bad experience with the Olight i3S. A lot of people have had good experiences with this light.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I seen all the good experiences and thats why I got one....aint giving up on it yet. I sent olight a message, gonna try to find out whats going on.

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, both of you. Is the 25lm enough, though? - Tooly: where are you ordering you I3s' from? I got the two of mine from GoingGear, so I am just wondering if perhaps it's just a bad batch from where you are receiving yours.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
The lowest power was enough for me to see through out the house. I didn't even need the 25lm...it's cool cause i could see enough to get to the other side of the house without blinding my wife. Its good for what I need it for.

As far as the olight got It from amazon and then from olight themselves. Like I said aint giving up on it yet.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Tooly. Hopefully Olight can figure out what is going on, and you get an i3s that has a round beam, as it really is a good, versatile light.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Dont know man...called and my impression is its a keychain flashlight and thats about it. I know I see what I see, and with all the other great opinions about the light I must have a lemon 3 times. Its B.S....but whatever. Ya know...maybe im being to picky.

Last edited: