Need a EDC replacement

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long story short I've been out of the flashlight game for a while and recently lost my EDC. It was a HDS, I think tactical 120. I'm wondering if there are other better options or perhaps some unique lights that might fit the bill that I don't know about. If not I'll probably buy another HDS, it served me well for several years and before the arc4+ did the same.

Plus I've never done the checklist and it looks cool :D

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
I will be mail-ordering or buying online.

2) Budget: Maxed at about 150. I don't mind a used light.

3) Format: I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size: EDC medium, probably 1 cell but maybe 2x123 or 2xAA.

5) Emitter/Light source: LED

6) Manufacturer: Either production or custom is fine.

7) What battery type do you want to use?
AA, 123, or rechargeables are fine.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need?
Max at 100-150. Med at about 20.

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.
x Less than 1 yard/meter (reading, other close work)
x Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)
x 5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)
(maybe) 30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)

10) Runtime: 30 min on high, 6+ hours on med/low

11) Durability/Usage: Very Important, it will get banged around as my EDC, dropped, wet, ect.

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply): Tail mounted clicky or twisty, or turning the head.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
x I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)
x I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
SOS and programmable are nice but not critical.

14)Material/Finish/Coating: metal of some kind.

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned?
It MUST have a pocket clip.

I look forward to suggestions, plus its always great to have a good excuse to get another light ;)

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
I would say you're gonna be having a hard time filling a void left by an HDS. If you can, I would say replace it with another HDS. Otherwise, just by seeing your ID... waiting for the soon to be released Surefire EB1 (replacement for the e1B) would probably be your best bet. There are rumors that it should be out by the end of the month, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Judging by your response to 11, being durability very important, it will definitely be hard to replace your HDS. You might want to try the HDS hi cri, it will meet your lumen requirement but will give you a fresh perspective on your HDS.

The only issue is that HDS has a big backlog of orders. They were having machine shop issues a couple of months ago and I believe they are still catching up on the backlog. Definitely worth the wait. I'm going to get a high cri HDS as soon as the backlog clears!

LGT

Enlightened
I would also suggest another HDS. There are a few flavor of the month lights that come onto the scene, but seem to fade away because of limitations not known about before they were bought.IMO, an HDS light delivers exactly what it's supposed to, excellent UI, very durable and a lifetime warranty. I'm sure you already know this as you've already owned one. For the price your maxed at, I think only another HDS will be able to replace the one you lost.