Need a new flashlight for my new job!

Tayous1

Newly Enlightened
So have a few flashlights EagleTac and a Zebra that I love small bright fits in my pocket! Job I'm going to be doing is a LEO job in Big Bend Park I even saw the new weapon light PL-2 Valkyrie. So looking for a bright flashlight on that is small enough to place in your pocket! I'd also like to hear of other flashlights that are bright and would make good flashlights for search and rescue and other work in a rural area thanks!

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
Olight s1r or s2r

Perfect edc,very small and powerful at 900lumens and 1020lm about 149 meter of throw and quick and easy magnetic rechargeable base plus you can clip it on your cap ! Its my favorite edc for sur

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a bit more expensive than some of the Chinese options already discussed, but I always mention the Hound Dog from Malkoff devices to our LEO friends. Perfect for duty rig carry. Instant access to high or low mode with a twist of the head, dual fuel (2X 18650 or 4 X CR123), fully potted electronics, and a choice of beam tint. Strong throw balanced by bright spill. It will take abuse like a craftsman hammer. Lifetime warranty. Made in the USA. Discount for LEO's.

The larger size of the bezel provides a well defined hotspot, which translates into quite a bit more range than most the pocket sized lights.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do almost all of the topics threads that are listed here that are about suggesting a light have a little picture of a yellow envelope with a yellow arrow, and the word "Moved" in the beginning of the topic title? :confused: :candle:

They don't start out that way, but after some time, these phenomena tend to grow on them.

Well, anyway, a quad P60 or the new Nitecore Concept 1 look like "small bright" material.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do almost all of the topics threads that are listed here that are about suggesting a light have a little picture of a yellow envelope with a yellow arrow, and the word "Moved" in the beginning of the topic title? :confused: :candle:

They don't start out that way, but after some time, these phenomena tend to grow on them.

Well, anyway, a quad P60 or the new Nitecore Concept 1 look like "small bright" material.

This thread will more then likely acquire that yellow envelope with the word moved as well. Which will then be moved to the "recommend me a light for" sub-forum.

Pops

PS Sorry to the OP for going off topic.

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
Astrolux s1 very cheap and powerful ! Also a good alternative

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry a strion in my pocket, and a stinger on my belt. The Eagletac Tx25c2 or nitecore mh20gt would serve very well

tyler_jet

Newly Enlightened
Found this on AliExpress as somebody already suggested above....

http://s.aliexpress.com/z2IbqENj

a865d9743ea53f095d69827b3ceb8b70.png

Last edited:

Latest posts