Need single AA with standby locator

bp044

Enlightened
Im referring to a light that has a small beeping beam when its turned off so I can find it in the dark

carrot

Flashaholic
The Novatac and Ra lights are the only ones I'm aware of having this feature. They use CR123's however.

The Eternalights had this feature but they are no longer made.

Many like to use glow in the dark o-rings or paint, or a more expensive option is to use tritium vials. The Nitecore D10 is an AA light with the option of a tritium slot.

sabre7

Enlightened
What you are looking for is this, although the smallest MiniMags have 2AAs:

NiteIze Tail Cap I.Q. Switch for MiniMag AA Flashlights: 5 Modes 3 power levels extend battery life of your MiniMag, Fast and slow strobe Find-in-the-dark-flashing LED on Tail Cap Switch of the MiniMag Auto-off prevents accidental drainage of Flashlight On demand illumination-press & release push-button operation :thumbsup:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Any JetBeam with the IBS interface allows you to set any of its three modes as an ultra-low once-every-five-seconds locator strobe. Since it counts as one of the modes and the light is technically still on, this means when you go to use the light you need only soft-press to swtich to another mode; then when you're done using the light, just soft-press back to the locator, you never actually have to turn the light on or off.

The 1xAA JetBeam with the IBS interface is the I PRO: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetipro.html

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Proton Pro can be set to give a flash every five seconds at full power. The old Jetbeam C-LE had a hidden feature that gave a low power flash every five or six seconds.

Geoff

Marduke

Flashaholic
I keep a tritium vial clipped to the back of a Proton Pro next to the bed. Easy to find and grab in the night. $8 lasts 12 years.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF5XT has a beacon mode and you can adjust the brightness of it's flash.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been keeping my jetbeam jet3 ibs in beacon mode for about 1 month, but i gave up as I couldnt resist draining the battery.:devil:

bp044

Enlightened
I keep a tritium vial clipped to the back of a Proton Pro next to the bed. Easy to find and grab in the night. $8 lasts 12 years.

The tritium solution wont work for me as Im concerned it will not take rough handling. My hope is that more manufacturers will incorporate this usefull features.