*** New Alpha Product *** ICARUS ***

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *** New Alpha Product Coming! ***

ive had my upgraded light back for a week now. im a fan of the the new driver. as i mentioned in another thread i was concerned with accidentally activating the DA turbo mode while changing modes. i have yet to accidentally do it yet. i havent tried doing any programming as im happy with the default settings for now; although i may end up dropping the medium mode. I like how by default high mode is not 100% of what the driver is capable of with instant access to 100% if you need it (if you consider a quick double tap instant). also, i dont mind the default low mode being what many would consider too high. currently i have a couple lights with moonlight mode. one i keep on my night stand for getting up in the middle of the night; which is my only use for moonlight mode. with that one niche already filled i much prefer a usable "higher" low for a general use light such as this without having that extra mode to toggle through. just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *** New Alpha Product ***

new batch of lights just went up. customs, carbon fibers, and titaniums. those things must have went like hot cakes. tried to get in on it maybe 5 minutes after the email went out with no luck. congrats to anyone who got in on one!

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

I caught 2 ti's.
Thanks.

new batch of lights just went up. customs, carbon fibers, and titaniums. those things must have went like hot cakes. tried to get in on it maybe 5 minutes after the email went out with no luck. congrats to anyone who got in on one!

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi trojansteel,

Yes, as of 1st October 2015, all Alphas, including Ready Mades ship with Icarus.

26088746616_1d2a0ba52b_b.jpg

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

He teased a Beta light with 365nm UV led. I don't know if he'll make one. Is that something you would want?
i was thinking something more along the lines of an entirely new light; not just a reiteration of the alpha and beta. i know a few years ago he hinted at a turbo head for the alpha.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

He teased a Beta light with 365nm UV led. I don't know if he'll make one. Is that something you would want?
Tough question, I'd like to answer too. Yes I would like to have one.
It would put my ancient Inova X5 UV to it's grave, in the flashlight bag I never open, :lolsign:

I was thinking something more along the lines of an entirely new light; not just a reiteration of the alpha and beta. i know a few years ago he hinted at a turbo head for the alpha.
Turbo Head, mmmm , perhaps a Strada is in order :devil:

Newguy2012

Enlightened

Tough question, I'd like to answer too. Yes I would like to have one.
Could you ask him if he would make a limited batch of it? I would like one.
I wonder if it would be strong enough to cure Norland 65.

archer6817j

Enlightened

Could you ask him if he would make a limited batch of it? I would like one.
I wonder if it would be strong enough to cure Norland 65.

Sets Norland in 10 seconds :) I'll be doing a small run of copper single mode 635 UV lights...as it looks right now. Might be a month or two.

Newguy2012

Enlightened

Sets Norland in 10 seconds :) I'll be doing a small run of copper single mode 635 UV lights...as it looks right now. Might be a month or two.
Nice! Please drop by again to let us know when a date is set.;)

Policecar

Newly Enlightened

Any idea when a new batch of Alpha Customs are up for sale? I'm waiting on the email...

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a great looking flashlight this is. I'll take one plz!
sorry if wrong thread

Hey wimmer21,
Yeah.... Terrific flashlight! :) Highly recommended.
Only 30 around.

Are you subscribed to Jason's mail list?
He usually announces new products and other exciting stuff there. :)
Details on his site.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey wimmer21,
Yeah.... Terrific flashlight! :) Highly recommended.
Only 30 around.

Are you subscribed to Jason's mail list?
He usually announces new products and other exciting stuff there. :)
Details on his site.

Yes I think so. I tried to buy that light but it sent me to a sign up page. That was a while ago though, and I've never received any emails so I'm really not sure if I'm signed up or not.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish these all-star flashlight guys would just call me when they have a light I want. I would sleep much more soundly if they did.

Anyway here's my number... 270-922-8804

lolol