New Eagletac G25C2 MK2- 1030 lumens from 1x 18650

recDNA

Flashaholic
Any beamshots taken in the same place pointed at the same target with the same camera settings are great. People.keep threatening to post them but don't!

Nestor

Newly Enlightened
-side by side shows the mkii as brighter (especially flood)

So having a SMO reflector is brighter in the flood area?
Does it have a donut in the hot spot due to the SMO reflector? How does that compare to the MKI?

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
no donut hole on either

let me clarify: smooth reflector makes mkii hot spot more defined. However, both hot spots are so bright, that the most obvious increase in lumen output can be seen by the contrast in the flood. Hotspot on mkii is brighter, but the magnitude of difference between mki and mkii is more obvious on flood

tonight, i will show comparisons between G25C2, G25C2 MK II, maelstrom X7, and maelstrom G5 (gen 1 xpg)

Nestor

Newly Enlightened
no donut hole on either

let me clarify: smooth reflector makes mkii hot spot more defined. However, both hot spots are so bright, that the most obvious increase in lumen output can be seen by the contrast in the flood. Hotspot on mkii is brighter, but the magnitude of difference between mki and mkii is more obvious on flood

tonight, i will show comparisons between G25C2, G25C2 MK II, maelstrom X7, and maelstrom G5 (gen 1 xpg)

Thanks for the info. Have you compared the current draw at the tail? I have a G25C2 MKI and I like it quite a lot. I also have a Xeno G42 XM-L U2 which out-throw my G26C2. From your comment, the new G25C2 MKII will not have signigicantly more throw than the G42 (if any).
For the records, my G25C2 pulls ~1.9 A with a Trustfire "flame" 18650. With the same battery, the G42 pulls ~2.2 A.
Still, I prefer my G25C2 over the G42 for having more modes and better UI. However, the G42 looks better or slicker with its dark grey anodizing

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
in a rush, so sorry for crappy photos

G25C2 Mkii (left) vs 4sevens G5 [taken 25 ft from wall]
img5052u.jpg

G25C2 Mkii (left) vs 4sevens X7 [taken 25 ft from wall]
img5054u.jpg

G25C2 Mkii (left) vs G25C2 Mki [taken 25 ft from wall]
img5054u.jpg

G25C2 Mkii about 10 feet from wall
img5055dq.jpg

MaNCuBuS

Newly Enlightened
Thx res1cue! I love my g25, but do u recommend the mk2 to an original owner? You can either cost me, or save me 110 bucks!

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
it depends, mancubus...

If you are in a market for a new light, I absolutely love the Mark II. For a 1x18650, it would be my first choice

If you are just buying to upgrade your current light, it isn't as drastic of a difference to warrant the cost

Personally, I was in a market for a new light, so it was a good decision for me

jorgemac

Newly Enlightened
Thnks you for the beamshots.
I dont see difference between G25 original Vs MK2.
The 4sevens X7 seems brighter than Mk2, it´s really?

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Thnks you for the beamshots.
I dont see difference between G25 original Vs MK2.
The 4sevens X7 seems brighter than Mk2, it´s really?

Nope, I dont know why the pictures come out like that

The X7 is significantly dimmer. And in person, you can see that the Mk2 is brighter than the original. Sorry that it doesnt show up the way it ought to

henry1960

Enlightened
I have all three lights...4Sevens G5, X7, And now the G25C2 Mark II...Mark II hands down is brighter and throws farther then both 4Sevens lights...Absolutly very happy i bought this EagleTac MarkII...

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
I have all three lights...4Sevens G5, X7, And now the G25C2 Mark II...Mark II hands down is brighter and throws farther then both 4Sevens lights...Absolutly very happy i bought this EagleTac MarkII...

That's what I expected, but I don't have the range to prove it

henry1960

Enlightened
Yesterday i recieved my Mark II and tested them both (4Sevens X7 and G5) in my back yard which is about 300 yards deep with trees and the Mark II clearly touched the top of the trees....

jorgemac

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday i recieved my Mark II and tested them both (4Sevens X7 and G5) in my back yard which is about 300 yards deep with trees and the Mark II clearly touched the top of the trees....

Thanks for your comments.
You could do beamshots with your flashlights.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this torch brighter (max lumens) or more efficient than SC600?

moozooh

Enlightened
It's most definitely brighter (by about 100 lm on max setting) and most certainly less efficient, especially since it's feeding over 1 amp more to the LED to have those extra 100 lumens.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks moozooh!!

Good to hear that ET *finally* beats ZL in max. brightness. that's at least something! :)

my#1hobby

Enlightened
It's most definitely brighter (by about 100 lm on max setting) and most certainly less efficient, especially since it's feeding over 1 amp more to the LED to have those extra 100 lumens.
This ET definitely has my interest now, I've been searching for something with more power than my SC600 in the 1x 18650 form.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it running at higher amps, is it noticeably less efficient than the MK 1 at similar settings? I won a MK1, and I cant see a justification for upgrading to a MK2. If its less efficient, then there would be even less reason to upgrade. I think the MK1 is a great light as is, and I almost never need the turbo setting anyway. But when I do use it, it throws a bright beam very well.