·Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
·Push-button tail cap switch for output selection
·Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
·Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
·Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good, thanks for letting us know coolriko. I'd never find out about half of these if they didn't have their own dedicated threads, in addition to being mentioned in the new products discussion.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Cool ... an updated LD10 with 14500 support! This might be the true successor to the beloved LD10 -- still one of my favorite lights -- that we didn't quite get with the LD09 or LD12.

I'm very glad that Low mode is 3 (instead of the usual 8) lumens... but I wish that Medium was a tad lower at like 25 or 30. Nonetheless, I can live with the mode spacing so long as Fenix has hidden Blinky-Strobe.

Please tell me they hid Strobe :whistle:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the "long press" to drop back down levels on reverse clickies, is the hidden strobe even an issue? When you're on med or high just long press to drop back down to low.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
With the "long press" to drop back down levels on reverse clickies, is the hidden strobe even an issue? When you're on med or high just long press to drop back down to low.

Yes one can work around an unhidden blinky mode at the end of the sequence (as I do with SOS on the LD10), but wouldn't it be nicer to have it hidden?

Photon

Newly Enlightened
This light has a longer runtime with Ni-MH batteries than with a 14500; more than twice as long in the 50 lumen mode. That surprises me.

The only advantage of a 14500 is more lumens in burst mode.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the 50 lumen medium mode not lasting very long, take a look at this discussion at the tail end of this thread. (post #374 downward)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...5-product-catalog*-lots-of-new-lights!/page13

Isn't that a different issue - ie, two different lights/emitters? This is same light/emitter/output and nearly the similar watt-hrs of energy. I wonder if, like so many other AA/14500 lights, it's not using a true boost/buck driver and the lower modes are shifting up on the higher voltage 14500.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't that a different issue - ie, two different lights/emitters? This is same light/emitter/output and nearly the similar watt-hrs of energy. I wonder if, like so many other AA/14500 lights, it's not using a true boost/buck driver and the lower modes are shifting up on the higher voltage 14500.
The issue was that both the PD25 and the LD11 were claiming 50 lumens using lithium ion battery...........one for twice the run time (PD25). My point was that the 14500 battery if anything has slightly more capacity than the 16340 in the PD25. However the LD11 has the XP-G2 and the guys were kind of insinuating that the difference in run time was difference in emitters. My point was those emitters would not cause a 100% longer run time with the XP-L of the PD25. If anything maybe a 10 to 20% improvement. Only at the highest mode would that difference be great but not at 50 lumens. At least that is how I interpret the data sheets.

So its either a misprint or the LD11 has a poor efficient electronic driver.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way this doesn't have mode memory right? Otherwise which mode is always first?

Looks like fenix invented a new mode too- torbo!

Crotulus

Newly Enlightened
Found a review (in German, but with good video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1xHQ60SKQLooks from the video like a reverse clicky with mode order Low-Med-High-(Turbo)-Strobe. Fast-forward to 2:24 for demo of modes. Hard to tell if there's mode memory or not. Strobe does not appear to be hidden.
It is a reverse clicky in the order you described. The light skips turbo mode when using AA. It always turns on into low, there is no memory. That is a bit of a bummer but it is easy enough to click to the mode you need. I have a couple of 14500's charging now so I hope to finally get a look at turbo tonight.

royalpig180

Newly Enlightened
I just got my LD-11 in the mail today. So far, I'm really impressed! The build quality is the usual, dependable Fenix quality. I've run it on an Eneloops and a 14500 and that's a lot of light from a small package! The best part IMO is that it supports all brightness levels with the li-on cells as well.

It's obviously not the smallest AA/14500 light out there, but it's small enough for me, feels good in the hand, and does about everything else right.

Trevilux

Enlightened
Will you write an English review?

About Fenix LD11 review. I've finished the complete review http://luxlinternas.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/fenix-ld11-xp-g2-14500aa.html

Sorry, my english is really bad!! I hope in future know enough english language to also write the review in english!!

But my review is really a great collections of Pics, animated gif and some graphics. You will understand without problems.

Only one comment about my graphic:

For this, I have used a NiMH high quality eneloop and one Nitecore 14500 NL-147 battery. For reference "100%" is the Max. value obtained with NiMH eneloop battery on high mode ("ceilling bounce"). I have a lot of experience with AA flashslights , 130 lumens for AA NiMH and 300 lumens for 14500 are very close to the actual values.

oHJ6AN6.jpg

for this : Eneloop 2400 mA and Nitecore 14500, I have used a small fan. For reference 100% is Max with eneloop battery.
Runtime is in minutes:

jeeGw8J.jpg

Can be used a great variety of batteries, but, you can see here the design;
remember to use "button top battery"

dCCCqXW.jpg

Reverse Clicky that allows a perfect tailstand, and a very strong clip as usual on Fenix LD series;

37TFhvY.jpg

MLcxLe4.jpg

Is a Fenix? ...yes, of course square threads of great quality (not lubed Oring in my unit):

L7YftHU.jpg

Gif images don't need any explain:

- Beam over white wall

HV2ZdRd.jpg

- Comparison between Turbo mode (only avaliable with 14500 battery, 300 lumens) and High mode with NiMH(130 lumens)

4WTeM76.gif

- Comparison between some 14500 flashlights on Max mode;

xsQxT0P.jpg

Same images in animated gif

QnEPx2m.gif

- And here with NiMH battery over a NOT white wall: (you can check the difference between some AA fenix flashlights and Skilhunt DS15, eagTac d25a clicky with XP-G2 and Zebralight SC52w XM-L.

GIF%2Bde%2BNiMH%2Bpen%2Bhab.gif

Size and weigh and some images in my hand:

Zk3XBKz.jpg

IWdiyur.jpg

OYX93MN.jpg

Of course holster is included;

LLulsru.jpg

Please, if you have any question feel free to ask:

IMG_2989.jpg

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
So... no momentary on, but can tailstand.... no memory, but seems to be 2cm shorter than the LD12... I have the LD12 second gen and the LD11 doesn't seem to be that much brighter on regular Eneloops. So I can't decide if to be excited or not, lol.

Latest posts