New generation of Dereelights

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Javelin thread, someone has it confirmed that he gets his Javelin with an XPG-R5.

If you lookd at flaslightconnection, you'll notice that most Dereelihts are currently sold out, at Dereelight's website there's also much stuff unavailable.

I contacted Alan about XPG-R5 pills for my CL1H V4 and he told me they would come next week, that a pill alone wouldn't bring much without a new reflector and that I should be patient.

That's the facts, all I know.

Now I suppose that there won't be pills as the only change. I guess that a new CL1H V5 will be presented and a DBS V4. :party:

I'm curious what will be the options? I still have an unused head at home and I want to use 18650, currently I have SM pills, for CR123A... :twothumbs

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
Hi Henk,

I received an email back from Alan today saying that actually the new DBS with XPG throws very well, so that might add weight to your contention that they must have designed new reflectors too...

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would very, very much like a Dereelight CL1H V5 with XP-G Rx in 5A, 5B, 5C...etc....

Oh, let's bring out the popcorn...

:popcorn:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder where the XPG are?

According to Alan, they should have been put online last week, I just checked and saw nothing... :shrug:

As for neutral white, there are rumors about an R2, but I don't know if we speak XR-E/XP-E or XP-G, probably the latter. That WILL come, the question is when, shouldn't be to long though!

mitro

Newly Enlightened
As for neutral white, there are rumors about an R2, but I don't know if we speak XR-E/XP-E or XP-G, probably the latter. That WILL come, the question is when, shouldn't be to long though!
I tend to lean toward 5A/B tints, but I have an R2 WH pill for my DBS and its a GREAT tint. I'd settle for more of them but they are all out of stock. :( I just wouldn't want any LED thats going to hurt the throw.

I would LOVE a warm MCE though!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-G R5 are up and ready to order!

Now I'm curious to see the first reviews. Perhaps I'll have to write them myself? lovecpf

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Does that mean it's a new reflector? Just sold my RRT-1 & looking forward to this baby :popcorn:

bkumanski

Enlightened
What is the reflector differences, I wonder? I use an R5 pill (thrunite) with a SMO Dereelight reflector in my CL1H and it works great and the reflector matched the emitter well.