New guy looking for EDC suggestions

Estwald

Newly Enlightened
So I'm turning to you guys to recommend me a EDC light that fits these criteria...
- Small pocket carry size (single AA or AAA).
- Most possible light output.
- Durability (I want one that I don't have to worry about dropping or anything, I want to know that when I pull it out of my pocket it is going to work no matter what)

Fatguy, what is the main reason you wish to stick with AAs or AAAs?
Is it a mainly for the small pocket carry size?

Because cr123a's are shorter than both AAs & AAAs and are just a tad fatter than a AA. They are tiny little batteries and are very easy to find online (and in hardware stores) and barely cost more than AA/AAAs. In fact you can buy a 6 pack of high quality Energizer cr123s for around 10 bucks on Amazon.

If you're looking for a durable, high output, small pocket carry size flashlight then i'd highly recommend looking into single cr123 EDC lights. It sounds like you want something of a higher quality than the average AAA keychain light that pumps out 100 lumens for 30 minutes.
Im totally hung up on the Fenix E15 right now. Give it a look. Its a small, durable, amazing little light. Or explore other single cr123 options. I really think that's The direction you want to go.

Latest posts