*new* Klarus RS30(BA): dual head (XM-L2 U2), max. 2400 lumens, independently charging

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little heavy but easy to carry in the pocket.

Preparing a review but will take a few weeks.

I just recieved a g30, my first klarus. My first thought was dang thats heavy, but I guess its a good thing - good mass for heat and reliability.

@ markr6 2 leds are more efficient than 1 then there's the possibility of drivers having different efficiency s too.
I find personally do find alot of lights should have the same ish runtimes do not for these reasons :)

wjv

Enlightened
Perhaps the most interesting feature of the flashlight in addition of its wide range of light outputs is the fact that one can use the flashlight using either CR123A batteries or rechargeable 18650 batteries, or combination of thereof - one 18650 and two CR123 batteries. You can also use the flashlight using only one 18650 battery or two CR123 batteries.

The LD50 has this feature also.

The LD50 does not have the built in charger.

For comparison, the LD50 specs are: 270m / 18.500 CD
CREE XM-L2 (U2)
You can remove the batteries from 1 side and just use 1 side at a time (single mode)

Last edited:

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
For the turbo to be on, do you have to keep pressure on the button all the time? Or can you release the button and have the light in turbo.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the turbo to be on, do you have to keep pressure on the button all the time? Or can you release the button and have the light in turbo.

Light will stay in turbo on its own. Then it is down to temperature, when it reaches a certain temperature it will throttle back the current to the led - turning the brightness down so it doesnt overheat.

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
Light will stay in turbo on its own. Then it is down to temperature, when it reaches a certain temperature it will throttle back the current to the led - turning the brightness down so it doesnt overheat.

I'm thinking about buying this light because of the long runtime on medium intensity. Would you recommend it as a good dependable flashlight?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its as good and dependable as the other main players, read olight/ fenix/ armytek what not. I know some police forces in europe use klarus. I like em . I have two that are real nice to hold use and own .

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
Its as good and dependable as the other main players, read olight/ fenix/ armytek what not. I know some police forces in europe use klarus. I like em . I have two that are real nice to hold use and own .

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one, and canceled my 4 1/2 mo. old order for a HDS rotary with the 18650. Also saved 300.00 that I'll invest in carpentry tools.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome im there ! Well actually no im here , but I will be there !

lucifertran

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your review & experience.

I really interested in Klarus RS30 regarding its fast recharge option & impressive runtime.

But still confused if it better than Fenix LD50 or Nitecore EC4S?

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
I have the RS30, and use it for general dog walking and around the house stuff. It works great and has a very long runtime if used properly. Also it is very confortable to carry in back pocket of your pants because it's flat. Another thing I like is that it won't roll off a table.

wjv

Enlightened
Looks nice, but I'll stick with my Fenix LD50 for now.