*New* Lumintop Titanium Tool

Wendee

Enlightened
Re: Lumintop TOOL Ti

Wendee, recently I was thinking about messaging you about this Tool Ti light and it being offered at 50% off - since I know you appreciate the Nichia (high CRI) lights... However I wasn't sure that I wanted to bear any responsibility for contributing to anyone else's flashlight addiction/hobby...

:p

Thanks for thinking of me, Wolfgaze! That's so nice of you. :) I do have a ReyLight Tool Ti and a Lumintop copper Tool (both with Nichia) and they're both great. I like the copper better just because the heat dissipates better.

Thank you to jon_slider for the tip about the Lumintop sale (the code on top of the sale price). I just bought several copper Tools to give as Christmas presents. I've bought so many Tool lights in the past 24 hours (black & copper)! Crazy good sales! My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. ;)

John316, Hi and welcome to the forum! The Lumintop Tool lights only take a single AAA battery. :)

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do any of these lights come with the option of using two AA batteries ?

if your question is what light can you buy that uses Two AA batteries, one option is the Olight S2A

Wendee, glad you got your Xmas shopping done, I agree the price I thought was available for the CuTool was only for people with VIP2. But the code "Lumintop" still works at Bangood to get a discount that is worthwhile, for both the Copper and Titanium Tools. The Copper Worm also btw :)

I really like the AAA 4 mode Nichia L08, ORANGE
caYh1MdxBvyjFA1jKuqaiusvSpAvNNZWzOAAgPhblvZrjYKIvOOz0StfUzY2QfAYLrb_MPqQC6FZ01ujIQXZj4-2IBIc-Otb4TrMLaC0b7mqx2-NgSHrbTwHQ11GETwgkcR4SD9uoEXmqyBw2X4b5fjH4sc7xvPlPcJAs5OeN9I1kUlyjrsDPE-kDQrFLHCqjXmnx_btPHan63SGChP9ejuDoOWKjlAaEI1SRBmaVwSkYdt55e6FpbOpT5MIDaa7XjdGwzg9mq5hgJXf8UmIKG2e_f0-kGEAdDR7Sii5NUeAL60PWt-BZgkpBNHETSPiSNUc0IIwnmCJ1yB2TyRYDhxw7c7zQtAfllBj4AbW-tQlQWv2VTfZmBMNSDhSSCMZt2-BLEjAcaLrwMtmXp5-fpAYB6FPQg9Ov7yzxiweUH29q93JR2dy4Thr_QSUcrBE8JklYYVT70BWkBXF2kZi9DOIYyOoaShg62GHeHu5-_pM8mg5kfSlQO9RxEoYXWascukgn8Ss_0_GQ_AgazTtmArxlJPw0y2hOyCRC2RwFtRwqUIVU_zplyld-BiU9OghiKNwPkVAF4dO535YTBJBnED6v_ez93-KYeS-yldpucv1JhuA=w1190-h892-no

and the AA 4 mode Nichia L11c
ZWpy1t1wHDtPZYeQHaKRZirLoCIb8n29sGlLZkflTTp24wn94OrTmrp0uDbMatRvzRg6OUS4ygrQQdCNPorQL-3lYA1M0zGIfuat5Yv49H3M6X5N6C26y_NuKn08s2MdEgzBUTMYhIL3XbpzW8nmXqydGc_S-i4IIm7dHN4vsT7_VxCoVarze-_G1jz_nogR5OWi9Z5dZb9lCdWdFV1lAulfHNHGF_gkjBV-CGMoeOtsI7KhIYAotkSLqbJIkVBbhQvJFSkHHgc5OVO7fiwnt6wvUMy3RAidRJWR4eXHRToDXPfpS7mdZlPAp82Ooy54v_KDkHq702NJ7Y_WV11b9gaIeNJ65qOFe0Hf33iTX3IOwkz-BWBR23Ths7ikolUyBzkONx46VWUAM3pGVn4XFvjvERIO2YbZIRYZh_rLSdHntS0DHF_seVC54V9f7jk9AgrlGU9BlN0wakagS8ujT2-eqCrsutUhzLRtXBDkGSqFuBcO1vTksIIIZU1_xSI7s4PU5yPCMEv7ZFLCFkFpSqzh7n2jaA1zdHDhq9tcQKTu7umcQ8YVQ0p3x1kqQlE0HtN8LVtC1J9AAvUSBHZIuZKGUIBEebuq2hxUTd-GCtCXEeQL=w1190-h892-no

But they are not titanium.. Eagletac does that

the Titanium Tool is one of the only Nichia equipped options in AAA, and the flush switch is very unlikely to activate accidentally. The TiTool has a really nice form factor. Ive used it stuck to a magnet in my camper. Titanium is very lightweight.
31tzR8aWtnF28buNh9V5DrT3uDurF-CFem0i61X8-WD_SZXEVm8UAVK1k4rrf-Iv0yreiPZ787mqOffnpsg20pNaIwSRC_CAMaerOtrZpXIZSurhsc854dT4tOXYRHIJaNydCCxSu6ehHwJYl_pOvNuPB4ETQnHuXSyICJabApb28I5oNZQRVR9XrL5aN-KC41y2Wzd58Se6QaOGQGEtTwmXb9m5dLEZx7VHKTOt-OrPpEnZrwwVe4iHjwZrgNkLapaMWvFuGdkQySkYpr4rbj3vnRbcOt_2K-8e0ScqXeygYi_9A12dAcCe-je79xLOfh4eO7k8nrczT-cCujWdUrpV1wlqyinQ5WQmLzg0FnA6ZT8i3cg-BKFke5Xu4tb4Mh3sx8WRhSyUdSzgwMLsisMYrlHdDtlhC6kfcj9IItLxcs4x_R4y3npxS3FN9qYuDVU-K1mb0GvzsCWhhjouSGfjmdnTIGsnfLBEYfoK18OVkphOCaDu2sLKj2rMNXiQjkLCFysTN6_m7zZ-MUCzX4kWkagwMFkLAspKjdloDrD_xZOkCoyybQAstZdv4zofsdiCZZvZb_Ar5bmi7vT-NzazXRCsxUvPThJQS_iM8n4Cf3lZ=w1190-h892-no

qvEweuL12rrxr6Z8lFHyvO1kYdpaSWaSYI0gd0psBeGiQ5CcLlbuArFKtzzQ7AC-tlM5GdmZZMvKwm7py-t4gLCEZU04-6g_xottu5k9X-twjLgtYTs94lUJkKkbe1WHjhSQ3GUqUkPNkE_1N3CsN27E7_e1Bp9jhWimx8DvWBwpkuxQADm4L12e095fpS7O-8C7HBiq6mngXW6PT5mcQU10zn2B2Iw_-7dn-GRlu6wYJqfO8vITwhSCwPk2DOC7odO2pFKAxjfrwqTWf5MuSKtxADvlIcuBSKIKzGEA3s5hAn5G0FievqLUjE3vQtX31WDKZ7p7y4e8nzvwhxHJvrOMkKvBvLz4iG_Wp2IobE4H2Y_AvEf7LBn5EW5KQWlP2vHdDSldA6ZC89q-UEWs2F24HNSlVP9N2l_6gZRG4k08GTAftKHO53sI0XMNeo_Owe3qUJLq1o0pjWXyignzPDKeKjZqzKVF8XOmLWXzUB7MCVUGrptNmdPCy4KAjBy67Xpdm6780T7LxNtnhdTHCGNA0K6pEKjxJM0vNLj4kfoAGDOou7WGYb8Jf4MHbM26m8Fm2ruwFA-Un9DTMYDr3yhyU-ICSiJbMk7Yuqe_xOwpESz_=w1190-h892-no

Last edited:

f2002q

Newly Enlightened

fyi bangood is starting a sale tomorrow, discount code Lumintop gives 30% off
the Copper Tool w Nichia should be $17.50 then
the Copper Worm w Nichia $21.70
and the TiTool for $34.96
(and I think the ReyLight TiTool is still available for $45 here)

fwiw, the head of the Copper Worm and Copper Tool will fit on a Copper Maratac (the model produced after oct 2015 that has the ring around the LED)

This seems like too good to be true. I just purchased one on Amazon, and it was close to 70 dollars... Must check it out.

Koam

Newly Enlightened

I just paid $31.99 + $1.64 insurance so $33.63 for a Tool Ti at Gearbest. Sorry I don't remember code but it was in one of the Tool threads, maybe at BLF. Also got a copper Tool from Banggood for $17.50 and I thought I got a good over at Amazon when I paid $23 for a copper Tool a month ago. And $10 for a black Tool from Banggood since I already had the black magnetic cap for it. That copper Tool seems like such a good deal for Xmas presents, I probably should buy more, but I already bought a bunch of Tips for that purpose.🌲

wolfgaze

Enlightened

I just paid $31.99 + $1.64 insurance so $33.63 for a Tool Ti at Gearbest. Sorry I don't remember code but it was in one of the Tool threads, maybe at BLF.

I believe the coupon/discount code is 219B... I had ordered 2 several weeks ago...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm enjoying my Tool Ti quite a bit... Love the tailswitch design - it's nice to engage/disengage...

Jon - what do you suppose is behind the recent deals (Gearbest / Bangood) in which these lights were being offered at about 50% off the normal retail price? Simply a surplus/excess of inventory? Or is Lumintop preparing to release new AAA lights maybe?

glad your enjoying your TiTool

about prices, the ReyLight Copper and TiTools, both with Nichia and LMH modes, first came out at group buy prices of about $42. I think I first ordered my copper Tool in Nov of 2015. I think it was about March 2016 before I received it.

Then the regular run of Tools with MLH modes and a choice of XP-G2 or Nichia, languished on ebay through the summer of 2016, at $69 retail for quite some time, some TiTools were even asking $79.

End of summer some online china stores started asking $59.
This was followed in September by deals in the $40 range, which are still in effect.

In the second week of September the remaining stock went on sale for about $28, with a few posted in group buy savvy threads at under $25, for a limited number of days.

I have not heard of any new AAA lumintops coming, but Im not connected to the industry, just a consumer online. imo Lumintop Tools seem to have exhausted the market, and Vendors are still holding stock. This ties up capital, hence the sales.

afaik, even today, the LMH Nichia ReyLight TiTool is still available, last check was $45, essentially the original group buy price. The MLH TiTool is also still discounted into the $42 range on Bangood, using discount code Lumintop.

It appears there is only a limited number of buyers for AAA lights in the $40+ range, who appreciate the beauty of a Nichia, in a material other than tactical black anodized aluminum.

fwiw the copper and titanium Maratacs are at $59 today. You can see similar market forces at play. They have been in stock for several months now...

speculation:
imo a group buy of Maratacs with Nichia LEDs would attract additional buyers into the limited pool.

now to come back on topic of the TiTool, some of its strong points
imo it is a great package, very elegant, great for a cap light with reversible clip
I like the very unobtrusive keyring attachment point
nice flat switch, comes with Nichia, is very light weight
and it is Shiny and Silvery :)

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Deal alert TiTool
Discount codes and link deleted, Ive been informed Im not supposed to share.. sorry.. contact Freeme and M4D M4X and Pablo and Banggood
this is the standard Lumintop version that starts on Medium
it seem you can also still get the ReyLight version that starts on Low first, here.. I have not checked if there is a coupon discount or sale deal on that one..

Click the pic to read more about the TiTool in maukka's Tool comparison thread. Note he likes to carry a Lego with the TiTool tailswitch on his CuTool

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened

Wow that's a smokin' deal... I wonder how they can afford to sell them at such a discounted price... Overstock?

If I didn't already own 2, I would pick up a couple more at that price....

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow that's a smokin' deal... I wonder how they can afford to sell them at such a discounted price... Overstock?

If I didn't already own 2, I would pick up a couple more at that price....

Yes and I agree it's a great price for a titanium flashlight with a Nichia and NoPWM

for entertainment purposes here's the long answer.
Pure fiction

Flashlight marketing

To introduce a new product to the market, give a few away to promote social media "reviews".

1. Buy 500 lights in bulk, at 33% of retail.

2. Sell as many lights as possible for 3x the acquisition price

3. When inventory stops moving have a sale for 2x the acquisition price

4. Again when inventory stops moving, post in online flashlight forums that you are having a sale, using a special discount code. at a price equal to the acquisition price.

5. Move onto the next latest and greatest flashlight. Repeat repeat.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

AAA MLH Lumintop TiTool
N219b 4500k sw45k
hand polished body
Fully captive pocket clip, bezel up for deeper carry, and hatlamp use.

cTw4mhCl.jpg

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Looks like the old 4 Sevens Preon clip that just happens to magically fit the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... that kind of sucks, assuming one must acquire an old 4 Sevens Preon just to have a decent clip on a Ti Tool.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Around post #216 above, there's some pretty steamy clip talk going on up there. Good luck ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts