New Maglite 2C ML25LT

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always liked the design of Maglite but with this new model Maglite is nicer looking than ever. Would like a few of them in blue and red.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm off to do some Easter shopping and going to pick up one while I'm out. I have the older version and never use it do to runtime. Looks like I won't have that problem with this one

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG-20190419-112448.jpg

My original ML25
I put a red bezel on it as a reminder it has Eneloops because it feels empty (vs loaded with C cells).

Run time for me is not an issue because it's a tool that gets used for short bursts.
I use flashlights like a mechanic uses a T10 torx wrench when time, a flat head screw driver when time or a 10mm ratchet wrench when time. My original ML25 stays in my work truck for use to show truck drivers an overhead object when dumping their load. A minute or two max. And there's a Coast HP7 (loaded with Eneloop Pro) for backup if needed.

Like a mechanic I have other lights for other purposes with me including big Mags. I like how just about any Maglite can become a thrower or flooder easily.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is amazing the amount of throw that these things put out considering the size and the price point. Run time is short on the original 2C but at least with rechageables it doesn't cost anything. The 3C and the new 2C are the way to go for more run time.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Agreed. It's basically a big minimag. And it can candle stand.i do need to get some C-AA adapters.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. It's basically a big minimag. And it can candle stand.i do need to get some C-AA adapters.

You can make your own spacers out of 5/8" PEX tube or even rolled up news paper. If you have access to a 3D printer there are lots or AA to C spacer designs on thingiverse.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well got one and does what it says it does. Nothing more nothing less. Identical To the old model except now with a nice low mode. 7 hours on high and 72 hours on low. Now one can actually use the thing. Think the old one was rated at 2 hours and think I confirmed that. Which is why it got thrown in my toolbox. But now it's a nice small useful light. I think they did a great job on this. Simple, no switch and two modes.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
That does make it more useful. I wish there was an option for one that comes on in low mode first. I don't believe that is offered. If it is, someone let me know please :).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Since my local Wal Marts don't have the new ML25 there were 2 ordered from Maglite. A black and a red one.
By joining MAGLiteNation a few weeks ago I received a 20% code and $0 shipping. I spent the savings on a Maglite t-shirt.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well got one and does what it says it does. Nothing more nothing less. Identical To the old model except now with a nice low mode. 7 hours on high and 72 hours on low. Now one can actually use the thing. Think the old one was rated at 2 hours and think I confirmed that. Which is why it got thrown in my toolbox. But now it's a nice small useful light. I think they did a great job on this. Simple, no switch and two modes.

How does the tint on the new one compare to the old?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's a bit warmer. Not a lot but slight. I'm doing a runtime on low now with a couple of Duracell AA.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Now hat I'm thinking about it probably should of did the test on high. If my math is correct "and it never is" I'm thinking it will go 16-18 hours on low. Oh well I'm kinda bored anyways.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well 2 c are what 16,000 mah? 2AA Are close to 4000 so? Ya that don't work like that huh? I'll let you all know but doubt it will go over 20

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well was still going strong at 20 hours. I tried to switch modes and turned it off and that was the end of that test.wont really turn back on batteries are at .900 roughly. So yep your right pretty sure it would of done 24 hours no problem. Not to bad I think.

Frijid

Enlightened
I've tested lights that claimed like an hour and half runtime but I got 2 hours on it, and one light that claimed around 24 hours on low but I could never reach it, even with lithium. I always view them as "around about" run times.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Agreed.but think this one will do what it claims or dam near. 72 hours on low seems very possible with this thing.

Frijid

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing with us the results of your expirement. Did the light come back on after the voltage recovered? I've got several lights that will run dim and continue to run until you turn them off. If you try to turn it back on instantly it won't, but after it sits for a little bit and the voltage recovers it will come back on, just don't shut it off again lol. But i don't like doing this, cause running it that low is playing with fire with alkalines and leaking. I'd be curious to see the runtime with lithium AAs.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
After 3-4 hours ya batteries were back up and it turned back on but didn't see how long they would of lasted.im sure they would of lasted for awhile more.