NEW Maratac AA cu (Copper)

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notice where the clip rides (near the head) here?

The copper one has a clip that is a few milimeters shorter and rides in the forward groove. Ugh.

:(

View attachment 3944

Edit : like this.

View attachment 3945

For what it's worth, I've had two rev 2 Coppers and three rev 3 stainless maratacs in my hands, and all five lights have clips that rest on the skinny section of the body.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
that silver clip is part of an accessory clip package they sold separately from the standard black clips. The silver clip is longer. I have one on my clicky maratac, but the clicky body is longer, and it rests on the skinny part, just like the black ones do on the twisties.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
On a separate but related note.... CountyComm finally re-designed their website!

:clap:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maratac AA Copper availability, for those who dont care about the PWM...

The last batch of Stainless Steel AA Maratacs, iirc, didn't use PWM, which deceived me into falsely believing that when the Al and Cu versions came back in stock, they would use the same CC driver as the SS. This has had the effect of enhancing my disappointment with the Rev.4 Cu AA having PWM, because it probably means the Al AA uses PWM. I acquired a Rev. 2 Cu AA with the intent of swapping the driver, but I have found the AA Cu to be too heavy, so I canned that plan, and had intended to buy an Al AA and swap the emitter. But now I won't be doing that, either.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found the AA Cu to be too heavy

That is one of the reasons I have not gone ahead with a purchase. The PWM was the real deal breaker though. (I also was not excited about the 5 lumen low, I prefer closer to 1 lumen.)

Fwiw, the driver options I discussed with gunga (he has been very helpful with other mods), were a ReyLight Driver or the driver from an L10. I let go of the idea when I saw the modded cost going over $100.

Last edited: