NEW Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

ericb445

Newly Enlightened
10 bucks shipping and they tossed mine in a padded envolope:shakehead Not too cool, I think I am done with them.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way to shop at CountyComm is to buy a lot of stuff at once. Maybe that is part of their strategy with the high shipping costs, maybe they really do deal with governments so efficiency is not part of their business. It takes a full 7 days or more to reach me on the opposite coast. They have packed it all pretty good for me though so I don't worry about that, what I hate is they require a signature. They should let the UPS delivery person decide if the location needs a signature. They are certainly not a 5 star seller, but you can tell that straight away by the organization of their website; I'd say they are a 3-3.5 star seller though so I still buy from them sometimes. I think they have been getting worse though rather than improving, so that is a little cause for concern.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Like the CR123 version but didn't seem to be available. Was able to order the AA version today though.

-Mike

If you're still interested, it's under "what's new" not "flashlights" - it's the one above WARNING W-291 on the map. I can currently add to cart.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice, not so bad at all, thanks, - but the real copper flashlight King maker is Jason at darksucks.com.
im sticking with his stuff.....

copper_pers-800.jpg

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH that's a beautiful light. :candle:

...BUT the UI was just not for me the last time I read about it. He had some blurb on his site about how the 'memory-mode' was like the best thing ever, where I consider it the worst UI feature ever invented on a flashlight. Now if I could get the HDS interface on that light of even just a no-memory L-M-H sequence (or even M-H) I'd take a second look at it.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi thanks, why is it the worst UI ?.
i did read about the UI being weird somewhere else.
thanks..

OH that's a beautiful light. :candle:

...BUT the UI was just not for me the last time I read about it. He had some blurb on his site about how the 'memory-mode' was like the best thing ever, where I consider it the worst UI feature ever invented on a flashlight. Now if I could get the HDS interface on that light of even just a no-memory L-M-H sequence (or even M-H) I'd take a second look at it.

gunga

Flashaholic
Did you guys use heat to get the pill out? Mine seems glued and the tiny holes don't take much torque. I don't want to mess up the pill.

gunga

Flashaholic
Just a note, I used heat and some heavy tweezers. No dice. Like Maratac AA lights it's luck of the draw. Some lights are easy to disassemble, some not. Mine is not. May sell off and try to get another.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today. It was wrapped in 2 padded envelopes but I got the aaa version too. Decent enough packing for me. Wow it's heavy.! But I love the copper. aa version should arrive in a couple more days. It was also not on the aa page but in the what's new section....

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
the drivers do look the same from the back...

the Lumintop copper AAA even has the same threading, but the head is longer on the Maratac so they are not directly interchangeable, but the Lumintop head will work on the Maratac body.

the Lumintop AAA has a lower High setting, which at a quick visual compare seems correct. the tint is also slightly different...

The Maratac is a beefier build with thicker body walls, and feels better in your hand...

The Lumintop comes in the exact same case and type of foam (cut is different) as the Maratac, but the Maratac has the sticker on the back, describing the light.

The last aaa is 2 modes and current controlled.
The driver says "worm" on it. Making me think it got some lumintop parts and not itp. The lumintop worm is current controlled 2 modes, but seems to have a brighter lo mode than the maratac aaa cu.. If the cr123 version got pwm as the aa version, i'll pass.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little ot, but i used google translate a while ago on a asian site where the worm copper was sold, and it said "copper plated". Is is a light with copper plating, or pure copper like the maratacs?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little ot, but i used google translate a while ago on a asian site where the worm copper was sold, and it said "copper plated". Is is a light with copper plating, or pure copper like the maratacs?
it appears to be solid copper to me. I used a knife tip to gouge a line inside the body, and looking at the tail (with a lupe) where the burrs were cleaned off the hole drilled for the ring, all looks solid to me. feels like copper by weight too. The copper version does not show up on the Lumintop website though. They do make a Worm II that is AL with different anodized colors, and there is a gold color available.

my biggest gripe about the Lumintop is that it's smooth and only has the cylindrical smooth grooves which do nothing for grip when turning it on/off. need 2 hand to turn it on. The Maratac with the knurling is so much nicer...

Back OT, the Maratac CR123 is easily worked with one hand.

stienke

Enlightened
I was going to get one, but County Comm doesn't ship international :(

Yes! I wanna to order one but they don't ship internationally nor taking non US credit card as well !! Someone willing to help out ?

Anybody know if i can get one of these shipped international, or somewhere in Europe that sells them?

Cheers
Matt

For International orders you can purchase the light here , http://www.endtimesreport.com/survival_shop-flashllights.html#AAA , Miles is a great guy to deal with!

GJR