*new* Olight S1 - XM-L2, (R)CR123

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Re: *new* Olight S11(R) - XM-L2, (R)CR123

Strange that Olight claims that they don't have the final specs yet. In this PDF (which looks official) are the specs on page 3.

They have not finalized the specs and the light hasn't officially been released to dealers. That PDF is an initial one used to check English and formatting issues. Specs are easy for the factory to change on those, English is not.

By the way, the light is going to be the S1, not the S11 or S11R.

NorthernStar

Enlightened

They have not finalized the specs and the light hasn't officially been released to dealers. That PDF is an initial one used to check English and formatting issues. Specs are easy for the factory to change on those, English is not.

By the way, the light is going to be the S1, not the S11 or S11R.

Does that mean that the S1 will only come in a non rechargeable version?

L.N.

Newly Enlightened

I mailed Olight and asked them if they had a release date for the S11R / S1R, but got the same reply as GoingGear: no release date and also the specs aren't set yet......

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

I mailed Olight and asked them if they had a release date for the S11R / S1R, but got the same reply as GoingGear: no release date and also the specs aren't set yet......

Should be shipping from Olight early next week.

StageofHistory

Newly Enlightened

Hope they bring out an M1 or M11 version, although the tail switch would probably defeat the point!

I found lots of interesting reading in the PDF which I haven't seen before - It seems the M23 is replacing the M22, which isn't even listed, and this is in addition to the M22X Javelot version I already saw a thread about, but the thrower's specs aren't shown. Also, when did the M1X become the M1XS Javelot... The specs look the same to me?!?

But as you said, this looks like a working document without final specs or details, and I'm sorry to move the thread off topic.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened

Sorry guys bit of confusion here, but is this torch a S11 or S1. Have already seen it on ebay and it's listed as a S1 Baton

gkbain

Newly Enlightened

When / if they release a nw version I may bite. Just hope they have taken care of the tint issue like ZL has.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's no tint issue that I can see. Ymmv as you're obviously after a certain tint, that they may or may not have used, the light is still fine for many of us.
So there is not really an issue with the light, but the end user preferences.
This light will be great.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not parallel to CPF thinking policies!

There should be both options of light made,
so we can elect to buy both lights.

How long have you been feeling under the weather brother?

kj2

Flashaholic
That's not parallel to CPF thinking policies!
There should be both options of light made,
so we can elect to buy both lights.
Sure, it's a great option to have, but it isn't necessary IMO. For the non-flashaholic it would be a great feature, but I like the small size it looks to be.
I would rather see the option for CW or NW, than a charging option for this light.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought two of the S10Rs, love them.
The simplicity of drop and forget is ideal as a back up for my use, or to use as a loaner to the right folks.

I'm OK with current size, I want the boosted output capability.
Optics may have to grow on me, anodizing hooked me.
Size was already good for me though I EDC 18650 lights too.
So yes, your mileage may vary, but I'd like the option to have a R model.
Cheers to both.

Edit to add, this simplicity further sold me the S30RII.