*new* Olight S1 - XM-L2, (R)CR123

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
I'm afraid I've no idea at all. Fingers crossed it is compatible.
I'll let you know once I received both.
I also have a couple of AW protected 16340 to try once I received the light.

Did some further readings and found that Olight RCR123 is about 33.7mm length while the Keeppower is 35.6mm length, so there is a cause for concern here
But seriously will 2mm make much of a difference

Prepped

Enlightened
I hope not, as I think the springs at both ends will absorb the 1-2mm differences in CR/RCR123 length.
But until I received the light and the batteries, I can never be sure.

Should be just fine, the springs on the S1 appear to have plenty of give to them to accommodate for that.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I like that they seemed to have fixed that sickly tint that most of the S models have.

Looks like I'm gonna have to get one, when they come down in price. ($35-$40)

Thanks,
-CHuck

I bought mine for $39 from going gear during their current anniversary sale.

swan

Banned
Can anybody confirm max output using both cr123a [3v] and a rcr123a [3,7v] with a meter or lmd?
Can both cells achieve 500 lumens?

swan

Banned
Thanks, i found the manual contradicts itself and i thought this might be the case. Mine arrives tomorrow and i will measure it on my lmd vs a zl sc52 with an AW rcr123 and report my examples performance.

onthebeam

Enlightened
300 lumens on Cr123 would be my guess after subjective comparisons with my other torches. It gets hot fast! Second to highest setting a bit warm, too. Although my eagletac is titanium, said not to be a great heat conductor, it handles the heat better, more metal...

Not too major for me as I won't blast this light often.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure which is best, but if the outside gets hot, that may be a sign heat is moving out of the light faster possibly.

Trevilux

Enlightened
500 lumens is for rechargeable 3.7 V.
for primary CR123a is 300 lumens.

Perhaps I must edit my info.
500 lumens 1,5 minutes and after 90 minutes-300 lumens with CR123A primary lithium.
500 lumens 1,5 minutes and after 60 minutes-300 lumens with RCR123A rechargeable.

On my User Manual says: timer 9 minutes and 3 minutes, on Olight web says timer 10 minutes and 3 minutes. I have measured on my unit 9 minutes and 3 minutes.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Mine arrived yesterday, what a petite performer. I fully expect to see this light on many a Every Day Carry thread in the near future. Here's hoping for a CR2 version in red HA3 :party:

gunga

Flashaholic
Onthebeam, any pix of the trits?

Edit: I see what you mean now. I plan on using two 1.5 x 6mm trits. You can always try 2x8 if they fit.

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Just got mine- wow , great ui,beam and tint. Using a AW rcr123 protected cell i measured the following;
Measured peak throw at 3263 lux at 1m [measured at 5m and converted to 1 metre.]
Turn on - 552 lumens
At 1min 29 secs - 512 lumens
At 1 min 30 stepdown slowly
At 2 min 30 steady reg at 270lumens
At 5 mins steady reg at 270 lumens- end test
Tested against a zebralight sc 52 in same lmd, which showed 488lumens at 30 secs using a 14500 nitecore cell.
I dont claim 100% accuracy in my measurements all estimates are based on well known tested lights which i own.
One other thing, even on the 3rd reset of high it still maintains 500 + lumens until stepdown - very good driver.

swan

Banned
After my first test run i changed the battery and noticed that the + tailcap spring triangular base was not fully seated in its slot. Pushed it into place and retested for an even better result-
590 LM at start
300 lm at step down rock solid
Ran it with two different AW cells now and fully repeatable.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Onthebeam, any pix of the trits?

Edit: I see what you mean now. I plan on using two 1.5 x 6mm trits. You can always try 2x8 if they fit.

I'm going to follow your guidance on this Gunga. I ordered one 1.5 x 6 trit and some Norland. As I wrote, without trit in hand, even after careful measuring, I can't tell if a trit sticking out more than a few mm will not be flush with rounded body. Perhaps could be dremeled down a little but I've never done this type of surgery. A 2 x 8mm would show 3 mm on each side of the lanyard support but I think that 2mm may be too thick.

Gunga, when do you estimate you'll have light in hand and ready to add your tritium?

Last edited:

Latest posts