*new* Olight S1 - XM-L2, (R)CR123

shine the way

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Really nice pictures from a nice looking light. Someone must have a very nice camera with knowledge on how to properly use it! In other words... nice shots as others have stated.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine has not come yet but i know i'll need too do something about a bezel down clip. Any ideas

Danielsan

Enlightened
Nice light but without low voltage protection and no voltage indicator its a no go. With a small capacity cell like this you need low voltage protection. Dont know why they dont used the low voltage indicator here

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light but without low voltage protection and no voltage indicator its a no go. With a small capacity cell like this you need low voltage protection. Dont know why they dont used the low voltage indicator here

Good point. On Li-ion, you need to pay attention.

On CR123A, my guess is that turbo mode pulls more amps than the battery is rated for. Here is my post from one of the review threads:

I wonder about current draw running on a CR123A primary.

With his Zebralight SC32w flashlight in H1 mode (the highest mode), CPF member recDNA measured current draw from his CR123A battery at 2.2-2.4 amps. Presumably, the Olight S1's turbo mode would be in the same ballpark. Unfortunately, that is significantly higher than most CR123A batteries are rated for. The maximum continuous discharge current for a typical CR123A battery is only 1.5 amps.

For this reason, recDNA decided to stop using the H1 mode. The lower modes work fine, with current demands below the 1.5 amp threshold.

Has anyone measured the current drawn from a fresh CR123A battery in turbo mode on the Olight S1? I would love to hear what you are getting.

curry__muncha

Newly Enlightened
sweet pics btw Mike81!

Found this on Olight's instagram:
12105053_507636436081079_1607616807_n.jpg

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
I just got my s1 and did not care for the clip. I tried bending the tip open more and it snapped off at the bend:mad:
Overall I like the light but I reversed the clip so the light points down and wanted it to clip into the corner of my jeans pocket and when I reach in with my thumb I could pull it out and turn it on. I'm also thinking I would like to put some surgra or something to make a "bump" to help find the button better. Any thoughts on this?