• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement - Nitecore Concept 1 C1 1800 Lumen Compact Flashlight

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
My light arrived today. Initial impressions:
The switch sucks.
It protrudes and is sensitive. My light came on in my pocket about 10 times. I wear loose fitting pants at work. The light must be locked out for pocket carry. If it came on in high mode in your pocket or backpack, something is going to melt.
Other than that I like it. The switch is a huge demerit though.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch sucks.
It protrudes and is sensitive. My light came on in my pocket about 10 times. I wear loose fitting pants at work. The light must be locked out for pocket carry. If it came on in high mode in your pocket or backpack, something is going to melt.

Mine came on in my pocket too. Not pleasant, I'll have to remember to lock it out.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch sucks.

One of my silent gripes about the mh20gt was that it does the battery indicator thing when you unlock it (by tightening the tailcap). When I was EDCing it, I had to keep it locked out when there were little kids around but I had to wait for like 5 seconds before I could actually put it to use.

5 seconds is an eternity when you really need a illumination.

However, I actually love having that voltage indicator option so it was kinda a catch 22. Nitecore should have made it so that the main LED can still be used while the button LED was flashing its voltage.

Anyhow, getting back on topic, since the C1 uses the main LED to perform that same task and hearing that the switch is real sensitive is a big bummer for me.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my silent gripes about the mh20gt was that it does the battery indicator thing when you unlock it (by tightening the tailcap). When I was EDCing it, I had to keep it locked out when there were little kids around but I had to wait for like 5 seconds before I could actually put it to use.

5 seconds is an eternity when you really need a illumination.

However, I actually love having that voltage indicator option so it was kinda a catch 22. Nitecore should have made it so that the main LED can still be used while the button LED was flashing its voltage.

Anyhow, getting back on topic, since the C1 uses the main LED to perform that same task and hearing that the switch is real sensitive is a big bummer for me.

I just tried turning on the C1 from lock out. Battery check mode was bypassed and the light turned on quickly.
I still don't understand why the switch was not thought of more designing this light. The light is an EDC and I think most people pocket carry and EDC.
The only other thing I am going to look for is parasitic drain. After a few days of carrying my new light I will let it sit and see how the battery holds up.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have had mine for a few days. When I first read about the UI, I thought "that is going to suck", but in reality it is super easy to use and after a couple of nights it feels intuitive. I prefer to use just unscrewing the tail a quarter turn to lockout, as that is what I always do for any "pocket carry" edc lights. Love the voltage indicator, size is amazing for how much output(I think 1800 lumens is fairly accurate). For the way I use lights(1-2 minutes on turbo at the most and usually at the lower settings), battery life seems like it will last quite a while(sorry, I know that general statement without quantitative remarks is just a generalization). Overall I really like this light-will post a real review when I have had time to put it through it's paces. Based on initial comments in this thread, I thought I had made a mistake ordering this light. In reality, I think it will be on the top 5 for EDC rotation. The UI is far easier that it looks, and my experience with the switch has been positive-no play, feels good and works as intended. These opinions are mine, I purchased my own light and have not been influenced by anyone to make any statements one way or the other(I dislike having to add that disclaimer, but have been accused of impropriety previously so now I add the disclaimer)..

c4inam2n

Newly Enlightened
1st post here on the board. Received my C1 the other day and love the size, 1800 brightness is awesome. The UI is ok and one can get use it pretty quick. I agree that the magnet could be stronger.

Just to add to an earlier post of their C1 just turning off and won't turn back in when trying to get the 1800 output. I have eastshine 3500mAh 18650 and works fine. When I tried the Nitecore 18650, it will not output 1800 and just turn off until I unscrew the tail cap to rest things.

mkygod

Newly Enlightened
Did you guys experience the same kind of hotspot in my previous photo^? The little yellow hotspot center is a little disconcerting and im wondering if its a defect or just a characteristic of the flashlight.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried turning on the C1 from lock out. Battery check mode was bypassed and the light turned on quickly.
I still don't understand why the switch was not thought of more designing this light. The light is an EDC and I think most people pocket carry and EDC.
The only other thing I am going to look for is parasitic drain. After a few days of carrying my new light I will let it sit and see how the battery holds up.

Thank you for checking. That's good to hear. I'll probably order one soon.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for checking. That's good to hear. I'll probably order one soon.

Any time. Its a nice light. I really like the turbo boost when using other modes. I was walking the dog tonight using the second low mode and it was perfect. When I heard a car coming I would hit turbo and light everything up around me. The cars thought I was another car and slowed down. A real attention getter when needed. I still feel the switch is too sensitive but everything else is good.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys experience the same kind of hotspot in my previous photo^? The little yellow hotspot center is a little disconcerting and im wondering if its a defect or just a characteristic of the flashlight.
At first I thought you were asking about general tint. Looked super close again and saw the yellow center you were referring to.
No such yellow dot on the one I have.

c4inam2n

Newly Enlightened

Mine does not have that yellowish hotspot, tried a few times to make sure too. Bummer that yours does, return for an exchange?

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does not have that yellowish hotspot, tried a few times to make sure too. Bummer that yours does, return for an exchange?

Mine has it too but I didn't notice it until I went to look for it after reading your post. I use it outside so it won't be a problem for me.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

My hotspot is pure white with no green or yellow, but there is almost a transitional ring outside the hotspot that is a warmer tint than the hotspot & could be perceived as slightly yellow fading to neutral. My digital camera just died so I don't have a way to show you for comparison. Since yours seems to be an anomaly, perhaps a return for a new light is in order. I have to say that I like this light I may buy another. Has anyone who complained about the switch tried adjusting theirs? The switch looks like they left the exposed screw for adjustment. Mine works great so I don't want to change it, just curious if anyone has tried this?

Liquidretro1

Newly Enlightened
I got mine in earlier this week and while I hope to have a full review video made this weekend I first made a video about the UI of this light since it's a little different. https://youtu.be/8KPJD19Nd0A

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those should work. In theory so should most other high drain unprotected cells.

One of the product images in post 1 has a footnote that a battery capable of at least 8A is required for turbo output.

I have a C1 in the mail that should arrive today. I'll be posting a review; I'll will run some tests to confirm the results you're seeing with your current battery but I'm willing to bet Oz nailed it as the most common protected cells are 4A or 6A.

Tying this out ... I posted a review here several days ago.
Any high drain button or flat top works fine, including unprotected.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/435252
REVIEW: Nitecore Concept 1 (C1) Flashlight

rcu316

Newly Enlightened

I wish I could answer that, mine came out of the box not working. I'm somewhat disappointed in this thing.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Concept proves that Nitecore prerelease test lab is non-existent. How could they issue a light with that output and not a single engineering trick to improve heat dissipation?

CONCEPT1

Newly Enlightened
This Concept proves that Nitecore prerelease test lab is non-existent. How could they issue a light with that output and not a single engineering trick to improve heat dissipation?
I agree. Today i had time to take the Concept 1 for a practical outside test (outside temp was arround 18 celcius). I have to say that i'am very, very disappointed about the fact that the turbo just holds on max. for 20/30 seconds, and when you have the flashlight in the high mode standard it will also dim that high mode when you are coming out the 30 seconds turbo burst. When the high mode is also dimmed you see almost nothing...... Why they didnt make the light 1 or 2 centimeters longer and have a proper cooling system or atleast that you have longer performance. This is really not usefull and practical! I own alot Nitecore lights, like the MH27, P12, Tube, TIP, MH12, batterys and multiple nitecore chargers and they are good quality and good engineered. I think i alsmost spend 700/800 euros on Nitecore But with this? I think that it was more something for Nitecore that they wanted to release something quickly something with nice numbers to impress... But after this I dont know if i buy any Nitecore light / product again, because this is a waste of my money and trust in the advertisement of nitecore.